What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My ipad has... Burn in?

jawa6306

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So, I have the new iPad and I'm looking at the screen on my iPad2 (selling it soon) and it seems to have the reply symbol burned into the upper right corner. It's easily visible when that area is using a gray background but not much else otherwise.

I thought LCD screens couldn't get burn in? I never leave it just sitting on a screen and either way I have a 5 minute lock timer set so that'd be the longest it would be on screen. Is it because I lurk the forums too much since that's on all the pages? :p

WitchOneSalem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What is a reply symbol? I ask because my previous 32 GB iPad 1 had the round dial type thingie that us up near the WIFI symbol that shows up when connecting to a web page. Anyway this symbol stated on the screen even thought nothing was being used on the iPad. I believe after I reset the iPad before selling the symbol dissappeared.

Sent from my IPAD 1st generation. WIFI only. 64GB

OP
jawa6306

jawa6306

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The box with an arrow coming out of it at the far right hand corner.

Attachments

• image-1221458797.jpg
    image-1221458797.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 479

WitchOneSalem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jawa6306 said:
The box with an arrow coming out of it at the far right hand corner.

Even when the forum application is closed?

Sent from my IPAD 1st generation. WIFI only. 64GB

OP
jawa6306

jawa6306

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yup, it's faint but still there. I completely rebooted the iPad and it seems to have faded a good deal and now it's faint and harder to see. Trying to figure out what caused it.

Martinbowden

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I heard if an LCD gets burn make on screen to leave it on a black or white screen would remove it

Most reactions