What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My ipad has been jailbroken , how to stream?

jockmcd

iPF Novice
Reaction score
How can i watch live stream sports on my ipad , surely there must be a way to do this ? Most are flash streams, ive tried skyfire and opera but doesnt seem to work unless im doing something wrong?

AvaMoore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Depends on the sport. Have you tried downloading Justin.tv, that seems to have most sports, but there is a subscription charge for the service.

AllenSalar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think there only a number of specific websites that allows you to stream from the iPad...

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
unfortunately, a jail broken iPad will not get around the issue of the fact that the iPad doesnt do Flash. There used to be a jail broken tweak called Frash that attempted to get Flash to run - but it was abandoned quite a while ago.

Your best bet is to get one of the apps from the App Store that profess to do well with Internet streaming (iSwifter, Photon, etc.) or look into using a remote log in app to access your personal computer (that can run Flash).

Marilyn

AvaMoore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Problem with lack of flash and using apps, you can stream video's of tv shows etc, but live footage is much more tricky. There are some pretty good sporting apps out there, you just have to shop around. Most of them are going to cost you though, either subscription or paid apps; you just can't get around it.

OP
J

jockmcd

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mickey330 -*best bet is to get one of the apps from the App Store that profess to do well with Internet streaming (iSwifter, Photon, etc.) or look into using a remote log in app to access your personal computer (that can run Flash)*

Will try Iswifter and photon , what else do we have available to use lke these apps ?

What would be a remote log in app ? can you name a few for me please, sorry Ive no idea what you are talking about but if you could point me in the correct direction I will study on it , thx.

Avamore - There are some pretty good sporting apps out there, you just have to shop around.

What sporting apps would you reccomend ?

P.s I am trying to watch football on vipbox, thank you .

AvaMoore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, it depends on the types of sports you like and also the location you are in. If you live in the UK, for example, and you have a Sky account, you can access Sky Sports channels through your ipad using their very own app. As mentioned above, Justin.tv has a great app with hundreds of channels to choose from, I use this for watching live darts mainly, but i'm sure you can find sports that you are into on there. ESPN also have a nice little app in the app store. It's just a case of trail and error. Also, as i think was mentioned, using the browser Skyfire, you may be able to stream online using specific websites, but you will have to look around for those.

OP
J

jockmcd

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I bought skyfire but dosent seem to play football on vipbox, can anyone confirm if this should work or not ?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Will try Iswifter and photon , what else do we have available to use lke these apps ?

What would be a remote log in app ? can you name a few for me please, sorry Ive no idea what you are talking about but if you could point me in the correct direction I will study on it , thx.

The app Skyfire was mentioned above - that's another one I've heard that works well for viewing Flash-based videos. I don't really know of any others, because I use iSwifter for those rare occasions when I need something like that - and it works perfectly fine for me.

Remote log in apps are those that allow you to access your personal computer over the Internet, either via WiFi or 3G. I use the app Splashto 2, although there are many others (Logmein Ignition, TeamViewer, GoToMyPC for iPad, etc). With a remote login app, you access your own computer, which you can then control to go to and view the sites you can't on the iPad. They are very handy and I've never had trouble with Splashtop. Hopefully, others will come along to add their experiences with these types of apps.

Marilyn

OP
J

jockmcd

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Puffin looks about the best bet so far its there i can see it , very jumpy though :-( deffo the best so far though.

Most reactions

Latest posts