What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

my ipad dock keeps disappearing and apple is useless

dreamin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i scoured these and other forums to ask why i have to keep resetting to get dock back. what i found us a bunch of wannabe tech helpers who don't know more than a 12 year old.

the microsoft forums are the same. the same dumb answers over and over and over,

if you think you'll find real answers to problems like this you are dreamin.

Last edited by a moderator:

centella4u

iPF Noob
Reaction score
IMG_8270.JPG

Like this?
So annoying

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I see you’ve got assistive touch turned on, and placed in the docks normal space. I’d try moving it out of the bottom of the iPad screen and then doing another foreced reset (hold down the home and power buttons until the Apple logo appears).

If this turns out to be the cause then it’s a bug. Bugs are hard to track down, so it wouldn’t be surprising that no one has been able to help you. If it turns out not to work, well, then I have no further ideas other than talking directly to Apple support.

Even then, I doubt they are familiar with the issue. It might take a bit to figure out. You may need to erase the iPad and start over, or even force the software to redownload in DFU mode. Sometime bits get flipped in the wrong places and can’t be fixed with a simple answer.

Good luck.

centella4u

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I see you’ve got assistive touch turned on, and placed in the docks normal space. I’d try moving it out of the bottom of the iPad screen and then doing another foreced reset (hold down the home and power buttons until the Apple logo appears).

If this turns out to be the cause then it’s a bug. Bugs are hard to track down, so it wouldn’t be surprising that no one has been able to help you. If it turns out not to work, well, then I have no further ideas other than talking directly to Apple support.

Even then, I doubt they are familiar with the issue. It might take a bit to figure out. You may need to erase the iPad and start over, or even force the software to redownload in DFU mode. Sometime bits get flipped in the wrong places and can’t be fixed with a simple answer.

Good luck.

Thanks
Tried everything you said but this problem only happens once in a while, yes forced reset brings it back.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Then short of the more extreme measures like erasing the iPad or forcing the software to reinstall, I don’t hav eany ideas. Sorry.

If you have an Apple Store nearby, you could take it to them (appointment recomended) and have them run a diagnositic. There is no charge for the diagnostic. It’s unlikely to be a hardware issue, but it isn’t impossible. Small falts in the memory can cause just about any kind of symptom.

Note: Apple will test your iPad for free. They will tell you if they find anything wrong, and offer repairs or replacement based on your warantee and model.

Most reactions

Latest posts