1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

my ipad and win 7

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by Rodrigue, Mar 6, 2011.

1. Rodrigue

Rodrigue iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Can any one help me explain how to sync my lappy with win 7 and. My iPad so that I will be able to download file into my iPad using my lappy?
  2. iPadCharlie

iPadCharlie iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Greetings and welcome to the forum!

What file are you wanting to put on your iPad?

In order to sync your laptop and your iPad, you need the iTunes program on your laptop.

Here is the link where you can download iTunes -- Apple - iTunes - Download iTunes Now
  3. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +121 / 0
    If you simply want to transfer a few files from your laptop to your iPad you can either use iTunes - as 1991C4 suggests - or you could email them to yourself and collect the resulting email on your laptop (OK for small numbers of files), use a cloud server such as Apple's MobileMe iDisk, which enables you to upload/download files from your PC to your iPad wirelessly without using iTunes (it also syncs contacts and calendars if you want it to) or use a third party app such as GoodReader, that can transfer files 'en masse' over either WiFi or USB.

Most iPad Forum members have GoodReader - it's the iPad's 'Swiss Army Knife' and is a multi-talented, multi-faceted software tool that's low-priced, frequently upgraded with new features and almost universally admired by Forum members.

It's a very simple way to transfer files quickly and easily from your PC to your iPad over WiFi or USB - it supports a folder structure too and you can then open those files in the relevant iPad app.

Some of us 'iTunes challenged' Forum members (I'm top of that list) have nervous palpitations if we have to sync our iPad with our PC - one Forum members has, as his tag line "Think before you sync or you may sink" and, for many of us, that more or less sums it up.

I connected my iPad to my laptop day one - I had no other choice - and I've kept the two apart ever since....

But, I have to accept, that many Forum members just love iTunes and have no trouble with it at all - so it's clear that I live in a parallel universe where all the 'iTunes challenged' Forum members live....

Tim
    Scotland
  4. Rodrigue

Rodrigue iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks.....iTunes works now for me happy!!!!!
  5. Diane B

Diane B iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +36 / 0
    I really dislike ITunes. I, too, stay away as much as possible LOL though have had to sync to upgrade firmware and that's on the horizon again with 4.3. I use Dropbox (a cloud storage with 2GB free) to move files. Its integrated with Goodreader and quite a few other apps. Makes life very easy, drag into Dropbox folder on laptop or desktop, open on Ipad in Dropbox, Goodreader, etc.

Diane