What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My iPad air has gone to black and white and I have tried all instructions to fix but nothing happens

Katie Beardsley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello my iPad air has gone to black and white I have tried all suggestions but nothing has worked please help

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't know if this will work but try cycling back and forth between invert colours and normal colours a few times. A post I found online mentioned that it worked. If it doesn't work and resetting all settings doesn't work, you may want to have it checked out at the Genius Bar at the nearest Apple Store to see if a full diagnostic can track down the problem.

Edit: Marilyn's excellent post has what I believe to be the right answer.

Last edited:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Could you have accidentally turned on the grayscale feature [that came with iOS 8]?

To see if it's on, go to Settings > General > Accessibility and look for the line titled "Grayscale." If it's on, the button will be to the right. To turn it off, tap the button or slide it to the left.

Hopefully, that's it.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts