What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My iPad 3G works with Malaysian telco!

scottbluth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
whatever you say my friend

It doesn't really matter what you think.If I haven't tried it before, I wouldn't be an idiot posting things that I have not encountered and get corrected by smarter technicians in this forum.I'm not here to prove you wrong but you did not get my point and did not read my post properly

'you can't watch HD formatted video or video files that is over 40MB over the internet with your 3G reception'

I mean DUHH,OBVIOUSLY HD streaming is alright on wifi connection.It's just that it's not possible over 3G connection/reception. (non jailbreak ipad)

If you use a MyWi or a MIFI that acts up as a pocket wifi router (over 3G connectivity).It will convert 3G reception to a wifi service therefore enables your iPad to watch HD streaming.

Besides,just like you..I'm not an idiot running around to look for wifi hotspots when I already have a wifi hotspot in my pocket.

I mean hey,It's your prerogative if you want to use the wifi + 3G version.No harm intended.It's your right.I'm just pointing this out to the future ipad users who would like to save more cash,less hassle and what's more reasonable.

Last edited:

xxdarkheavenxx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@scottbluth
i was having dilemma over which one to get.wifi is cheaper and would save me money while 3G model cost more for the sake of 3G connection capability.was about to get the ipad 3G bcause people say it's very convenient it terms of porting connections.after reading your post,i must say that it's quite a smart solution.no nid to apply for another subscription and quite a lot of money saved buying the ipad wifi model.besides ,my 3gs is jailbroken and i think it wuld be np to get the application you saying. usd9.99 for a lasting app..beats incoming monthly bills that i wuld hate to be paying hahaha.can multiple gadgets connect oso rite since it's wifi router?.thank you for sharing this anyway.it's very helpful :D

ipad wifi here i come!!

OP
X

xenon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ok fair enough, just gud luck to those who turn their iphones and ipads as hotspots via MyWi, alot of cases ppl reported it burnt their WiFi module.. more cases on 3G, some cases on 3GS and several on iPads.. as i been told, the wifi on iphones are intended for light browsing and not so heavy downloads..

scottbluth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don't worry my friend,with iPad's internet purpose of web browsing and video streaming..it won't overheat the phone or the wifi adapter.Besides,you can't really do heavy downloading on an iPad like you do on a computer.What matter now is you and other users are having a good time with your iPad :)

Regards.

OP
X

xenon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hey bro mind sharing the digi setting =0

sure mate, just enter APN: 3gdgnet if u are using digi boadband or diginet if you are using normal postpaid or prepaid..

Leave the username and password blank..

bert3227

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi All experienced users out there !
I am getting my Wifi+3G this Friday... (the reason I got the 3G not because I always on the move but because since I am oredi paying that much of money, might well pay xtra ~~RM400 for the features in case I need it).

Though I am not a frequent traveller... but sometimes would like the flexibility to be able to online too without hunting for a hotspot (I dun own an iphone so MyWi is not an option... I can't get MyWi on BB though).

I do not want to commit to a fixed monthly fees since I probably will be using it out of the WiFi area a few times in a month only. I know that Digi has a prepaid internet/3G pack, how does it work ? Is it something that I can load certain amount then keep using it until the amount is used up ? or is it something has time limit, i.e once activated, it will be like must use up within n number of days ?

Or any other cost effective suggestion for the usage i described ?

Your helps are greatly appreciated... Tq!!
Bert

Mattj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got my 3g wifi 32gb last week. Awesome. Although I hah and still been using iphones from day 1, this gadget still gets the ooh and aah from me. Enjoyed using it that sometimes my Macbook Pro takes a back seat. Next project, Iphone4

OP
X

xenon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hehe i like ur "iphone 4" planning bro..

anyway, this is my apple toys currently.. :p

ipadforum.jpg

:D

djamkul

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi guys,

first time around and I'm coming back to KL for a 3 week holidays
please, could you guys just give me a short list of possible 3G plans for Ipad in Malaysia
it'll help a lot

thx

djam

OP
X

xenon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Theres no plan for ipads bro, just go to DiGi for example n signup for a no commitment rm68 a month unlimited data broadband account.. For maxis n celcom i wouldnt know..

Kamen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Only 3g

Hi, i am running my ipad on maxis 3g, occasionally, when i go to a remote area, the 3g signal strenght will be weak and the ipad will eventually change to EDGE. How do i set my ipad to be running on ONLY 3g?

I can change the setting when i am using the huawei usb modem but it seems like ipad does not have this option or i just could not find this setting...

alanmeng

iPF Noob
Reaction score
after i jailbreak my ipad 3g firmware 3.2.2 wit limera1n, i can't get the maxis 3g carrier signal. I tried ultrsn0w but still useless. can anyone help me?

tomyamfan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i would really love to have an apple ipad,specifically the 3G one.. i'm a U student and have already owned a laptop together with 3G broadband.
those who have ipad, will u suggest me to get one? do u find the ipad cool & will work for a student like me?

because one of the reasons i would like to have ipad is that, i want to carry it everywhere with me (instead of caryying a lptop) so that i can access internet anytime, where ever i am.

is ipad convenient to carry everywhere?

MisterKay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tomyamfan said:
i would really love to have an apple ipad,specifically the 3G one.. i'm a U student and have already owned a laptop together with 3G broadband.
those who have ipad, will u suggest me to get one? do u find the ipad cool & will work for a student like me?

because one of the reasons i would like to have ipad is that, i want to carry it everywhere with me (instead of caryying a lptop) so that i can access internet anytime, where ever i am.

is ipad convenient to carry everywhere?

IMHO, Samsung Galaxy Tab is more suitable for most people. I'm using ipad and I find it is too bulky. It is like lugging around with notebook PC.

Most reactions