What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My iPad 3G works with Malaysian telco!

xenon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all, glad and happy to share that my iPad 3G works with all Malaysian Network operator, im running my DiGi broadband mini sim (modified to micro sim, of coz) n my 3G signal is stronger on the iPad compared to on my iPhone 3GS.. Haha.. Any malaysian 3G user in here want to share?

(malaysian who wants iPad please contact me, tq)

Last edited by a moderator:

hakunamatata

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i have a 3G ipad and just got a micro-sim from Maxis this morning...

but then until now, the line is not activated yet...

is there any problem if i use this ipad that was a US set with a local telco?

OP
X

xenon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No problem bro, i think ur account has not been activated yet, all ipads 3g are officially unlocked, u can use on any network worldwide..just wait for a while more before calling maxis..

kenz_q

iPF Noob
Reaction score
boardband with data?

hi Xinon i read your post about boardband sim cut out(micro sim)use in ipad...
is that only cut out sim to micro sim size than do a setting in ipad can use direct???
i have a old plan broadband unlimited from(M.network),that day i when to(M.center) try to do replace micro sim,but the girl told me,must terminate my old unlimit plan than sign a new limited plan for get micro sim..
than i ask the girl...
can i only do replace micro sim without sign new plan?
than she say no use for do replacement micro sim,cause boardband network not suit for ipad,must sign a new plan for ipad...
i feeling(M.network)are cheating user to sign new plan so i wont sign it,cause my friends told me,actually boardband from(M,D,C or U network) are using data network for boardband device....
is this imformation from my friend are true???
thank for sharing....

OP
X

xenon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi there, you know what? My sim card that i cut into micro sim to be in my iPad is a sim card from my data only broadband, its the same bro, dun believe that ignorant lady at the counter, sometimes these ppl are just some pretty face without technical n some IT knowledge.. U can just cut ur broadband simcard, fit in into ur iPad, enter APn settings to unet.. n u r on ur way surfing and downloading thru ur iPad.. please contact me direct if u need any help..
Cheers..

Deanweijie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all, glad and happy to share that my iPad 3G works with all Malaysian Network operator, im running my DiGi broadband mini sim (modified to micro sim, of coz) n my 3G signal is stronger on the iPad compared to on my iPhone 3GS.. Haha.. Any malaysian 3G user in here want to share?

(malaysian who wants iPad please contact me, tq)
Is it true? That day i just go to machine and ask the saleperson, he said that its work in the begining. But after a few days, the broadband card insert to the ipad will not works anymore. Please kindly advise. I will have my ipad in august, i want to find out more in this case.

OP
X

xenon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Haha, what a lame statement the machines guy gave u, ipad is made officially unlocked, apple intention is to let the ipad be used on any network, that is y u can buy it at apple or it reseller, unlike iphones that is only sold by a telco..

I dun noe y e machines guy told u that, but im pretty sure so that everybody waits for the malaysian set and buys it, like me, i have already enjoyed my ipad, no need to find a wifi spot, in fact from my ipad i can transform it became a hotspot n my macbook can get wifi signal to browse or download via my ipad 3g connection..

U getting ur ipad in august? Why so late bro? I think by that time malaysia set shud be available already, and maybe im already on a different toy, (iphone 4) perhaps.. Hehe,,

Last edited:

kenz_q

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks bro....finally i done to cut my BROADBAND SIM to MICRO SIM size and put it in my ipad....my ipad is dance pretty now...

OP
X

xenon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A snapshot of my iPad at work..
6f51b1b0.jpg

:)

Deanweijie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Haha, what a lame statement the machines guy gave u, ipad is made officially unlocked, apple intention is to let the ipad be used on any network, that is y u can buy it at apple or it reseller, unlike iphones that is only sold by a telco..

I dun noe y e machines guy told u that, but im pretty sure so that everybody waits for the malaysian set and buys it, like me, i have already enjoyed my ipad, no need to find a wifi spot, in fact from my ipad i can transform it became a hotspot n my macbook can get wifi signal to browse or download via my ipad 3g connection..

U getting ur ipad in august? Why so late bro? I think by that time malaysia set shud be available already, and maybe im already on a different toy, (iphone 4) perhaps.. Hehe,,
Izzit true? If the place don't have 3G, will it still available to use? Or will be down and cant use for that time? Pls advice. My friend tell me that his friend using broadband too, but when he goes to a place that don't have 3G line, its down and cant use it. Izzit true? can i have your telephone number bro. Thanks ya xenon bro.

OP
X

xenon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bro, same like phone la bro, if no 3g it will go to EDGE, if that area no data coverage, only voice than obviously the broadband fgot lime but no data bro.. And make sure for digi u rnter proper apn.. Digi uses 3gdgnet, maxis im not sure, i think maxisbb or something like that..

Deanweijie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bro, same like phone la bro, if no 3g it will go to EDGE, if that area no data coverage, only voice than obviously the broadband fgot lime but no data bro.. And make sure for digi u rnter proper apn.. Digi uses 3gdgnet, maxis im not sure, i think maxisbb or something like that..
I will use maxis broadband for this. After i plugged in, do i need to do any setting?

scottbluth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
my opinion

Hi fellow iPad users!
I bought an ipad 3G few months ago and I think this capability is actually not practical and costly.After doing some calculations,owning an ipad 3G with cellular subscription is actually a waste so I sold it to someone who appreciates it more than me.Moreover,after discovering the critical cons of iPad 3G..it got me to get the wi-fi only instead.Reasons are:-

-LOUSY 3G HARDWARE just like the iPhone
Compare the 3G signal strength in a MIFI device with iPad 3G.You'll be amazed that the MIFI signal bar is 5 while the iPad has only 3 bars. (DIGI)

-PACKAGE PLAN
This cost you another set of bill.If you're already using an iPhone,you could just jailbreak your iPhone for 'MyWi' application at a single cost of 9.99USD which enables you to use the program FOREVER,rather than paying 2 bills of monthly data usage.

'MyWi' application makes your iPhone a pocket wi-fi router for those who don't know.

-SECURITY WEAKNESS
With the recent AT&T security breach issue,It's affirmative..it's not the service provider.It's the weak iPad security protocol encrypted in the device.iOS 4 for iPad (August) might troubleshoot this matter.

-NO WATCHING HD VIDEOS ON YOUTUBE
That's right,you can't watch HD formatted video or video files that is over 40MB over the internet with your 3G reception.
When you're using MyWi or MIFI,although it uses 3G connectivity,your iPad believes it to be a wifi connection and watching HD videos would not be a problem.

Cydia has a lot of tweeks that rectifies this matter but who would be foolish enough to jailbreak an iPad? and since it's still new and expensive,I would bet that wise users won't jailbreak their iPad yet.

That's about that I could point out.Although it's not much,but all of these are critical.For those who plan to get an iPad.I would advice you to get the Wi-Fi only iPad.Thanks.

OP
X

xenon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think u never tried a 3g ipad, who says u cant watch HD video on you tube? Just off the celular mode, n the ipad will only use wifi n automatically choose hd streaming videos..

N please, u dun even know that the signals are more compared to an iphone, i got both ipads, my first wss a wifi 32gb, i donated it to my dad, now im no longer looking a wifi spot like a moron as i just can use my data anywhere i am.. Huhu..

Most reactions

Latest posts