What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My iPad 2 won't connect to WiFi

MoSande

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I've had my iPad 2 for about 6 months and it's worked perfectly, but since last night, it suddenly won't connect to WiFi. I thought it was a service outage until I realised my MacBook is connected.

Anyone with a simply-explained solution for a non-techie user? HELP!!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Did you recently do any software updates to the iPad? Any chance some settings got mucked up? Its worth checking the obvious things first. Also, its worth "reconnecting" to your router. Go into Wifi settings and choose your current network. Select "Forget this network" or something like that. Then, restart the iPad. After it comes back up, go back into Wifi settings and "find" your network again and connect to it like you did when you first setup the iPad. Try a few other wireless devices too if possible and make sure they all connect.

Just some suggestions.

K1W1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Reboot the router as well while you are at it. It's always a good thing to do from time to time.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Agree w/ the above, i.e. try to re-establish your Wi-Fi connection as suggested; if not successful then try to 'Restart', and if not helpful, then 'Reset' the iPad - Directions HERE - these simple maneuvers often resolve many problems w/ the iPad.

If none of the above helps, then I would suggest 'power recycling' your modem and router, i.e. turn off or pull the power plugs on both devices (or one if you own a combo unit); then sequentially power up the modem and then the router - if not successful, please post back here for additional advice - good luck! :)

OP
M

MoSande

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you all! It's connecting now! I rebooted my modem & router and that got my macbook connecting to wifi again, but my iPad wouldn't connect. I had tried reconnecting to my router a few times, but I wasn't restarting my iPad in the process. Thanks heaps!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts