What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My IPad 2 Seems to Have Died....

RickOrmrod

iPF Noob
Reaction score
[h=5]My iPad has stopped working.

It had about 70% charge, I was using it on Facebook and it just switched off. It won't activate again. The PC I connect it to won't recognise its existence.

I tried a hard reset which had zero effect.

I called the Apple helpline who said it was an IOS software problem and it would be £79:00 to sort it out. I've only had it for 13 months and this seems ridiculous, that I should have to pay a quarter of the cost of the thing just to get them to sort it out, when it is their IOS software that is apparently acting up.

Can anybody suggest anything?

A friend has suggested that if I take it to an Apple store they will sort it out for me without charge. Can anybody confirm if this is the case?

If they refuse to help it is unlikely I'll ever buy another Apple product![/h]

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Your friend is correct in that Apple does not charge for Genius Bar appointments. However, if your iPad is out of warranty and the problem is hardware related, there will be a charge to repair the iPad. This is generally about half the cost of an equivalent new iPad.

Most reactions

Latest posts