What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My iPad 2 Case Round Up: which cases have smart magnetic covers?

What's on your iPad 2?

• My iPad 2 is naked!

Votes: 20 15.0%
  • Apple Smart Cover

Votes: 84 63.2%
  • 3rd Party "Dumb Cover"

Votes: 13 9.8%
  • 3rd Party Smart Cover.

Votes: 17 12.8%
  • Homemade cover.

Votes: 3 2.3%

• Total voters

rockymtnhigh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
blessed said:
Question: with the Smartfit2 clear case, are we able to continue using the smart covers we just purchased??? I love my smartcover but I need a case. I want it all. There's no sense in having the cake if you can't eat it.

The only reason I am ordering it is because it supposedly works with the smart cover. If it does not work as advertised, it will be going back,

D Roc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
blessed said:
They are FABULOUS!! that's THE case for me; www.dodocase.com

Lovin' this one!!

I liked the dodo case but some of the reviews for the old one lead me to the pad and quill case. It is one of the cases I'm using now and it is a smart case. www.padandquill.com

Also check out Protenzo case and treegloo cases

Sent from my iPad using iPF

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad_Jedi said:
The Treegloo looks interesting. Can it be used in conjuction with protection skins like the Body Guardz Full Body kit? Will the fit be too snug such that the when the iPad is repeatedly taken in and out of the Treegloo case, it will cause the invisible clear protection skin to rub/peel off? From the pictures, there does not seem to be any kind of elastic band to hold the cover in place, does it? Also, I am assuming it does not have any magnets to make the cover act like a smart cover.

You should email them directly with your questions ([email protected]) or ask them on their Facebook page, but from what I know:

- I have a Zaggskin on the back of my iPad1, and the device seats very snuggly within the frame. So far neither product has damaged the other - the Zaggskin is still pristine, and the suede accents on the frame is still intact.

- they do have a vertical elastic band, 'Moleskine-style', that holds the cover closed. One of their posts in Facebook suggests that they're working on a magnet-only fastener for the cover, without the elastic, to be out soon.

- from their website and Facebook page, magnetic sleep-wake activation comes standard on their iPad 2 cases.

Serianni

iPF Noob
Reaction score
blessed said:
No, AT&T had some (for iPad 1) but none for the second one. So when I phoned AT&T the rep said he didn't think they were out yet because he was waiting for it also. He's the one who directed me to Otter. I was honestly thinking about getting one now because (#1) it's on sale with free shipping and (#2) I doubt that I will be using the camera on this thing. The rep at AT&T said that might be the only difference. What do you guys think?

Noo! The dimensions are waaay different and would not fit the iPad 2 at all. Otter molds the cases to specifically fit the model. It's much slimmer and has different everything. Just wait.

blessed

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I went to AT&T and the rep put an iPad 2 in the Otterbox for the iPad 1; it's ok. Obviously no hole for camera in the back but it did fit quite well. However, I don't like the bulky look. I'm looking for something a little more sophisticated to add to the iPad not something to take away from it's beauty. I'll still looking.

TheJoyFactory

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Customer Shipping Needs

To better serve our customers, we recently switched to a new carrier to ship our products. Please visit our store and check out the shipping rates as it should be less than your original quote. If you still have a question, please email us at [email protected] and we'll be happy to discuss your shipping needs.

TheJoyFactory

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To better serve our customers, we recently switched to a new carrier to ship our products. Please visit our store and check out the shipping rates as it should be less than your original quote. If you still have a question, please email us at [email protected] and we'll be happy to discuss your shipping needs.

eyeojo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anyone found a good case that has a pocket with a zipper? Thx!

Most reactions