What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Ipad 1 vs Ipad 2 review (for people on the fence like i was)

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
FatalDesain said:
The differences are so minor it's like comparing a new year of the same model car. This is the bottomline when you use it the both feel the same when you look at the screen they look the same. It only makes sense to me in my opinion for new users to buy.

I really wish apple would of done something with the screen because that is the main thing you interact with and look at. Maybe if they even had a special ipad2 app that makes it shine then maybe. Same apps and some might run 1 percent faster big whoop.

I think a lot of the iPad 1 owners who actually have the thing in their hands would beg to differ. Certainly all of the "pro" reviewers had good things to say about it. Besides, even with the SAME screen as the iPad 1, I'm happy with it. It's not perfect and it doesn't have EVERY little thing everyone wants but just enough.

Though not a "major" upgrade, it's certainly not "minor" either.

Have fun waiting for iPad 3...IF it comes out this year (I doubt it will unless iPad 2 sales aren't strong, which is unlikely).

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad using iPF

FatalDesain

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mtnmedic said:
I think a lot of the iPad 1 owners who actually have the thing in their hands would beg to differ. Certainly all of the "pro" reviewers had good things to say about it. Besides, even with the SAME screen as the iPad 1, I'm happy with it. It's not perfect and it doesn't have EVERY little thing everyone wants but just enough.

Though not a "major" upgrade, it's certainly not "minor" either.

Have fun waiting for iPad 3...IF it comes out this year (I doubt it will unless iPad 2 sales aren't strong, which is unlikely).

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad using iPF

Yeah good things to say if your a new buyer because its different they don't own it so you have nothing. But if you have one already there is nothing major. I had both all morning and trust me its better but i can't recommend anyone upgrade. Like i was getting upset it didnt do anything different.

Bigmerf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is my first tablet and first apple product since the iPhone 3GS. I am liking it a lot

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
FatalDesain said:
Yeah good things to say if your a new buyer because its different they don't own it so you have nothing. But if you have one already there is nothing major. I had both all morning and trust me its better but i can't recommend anyone upgrade. Like i was getting upset it didnt do anything different.

Uh, that's kind of what I alluded to in my reply. A lot of folks who already have the first generation iPad that now have the iPad 2 are saying they're glad they got the upgrade. I've yet to hear from anyone who's actually sounding disappointed.

Well, maybe except for you. Guess it ain't for everybody.

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Megadesertdiesel said:
I am very disappointed with the camera picture quality.

But I still love my new toy.

Okay. Talk to me about the camera. That's one thing which has me thinking about it. Everything else is solid. Just HOW bad is the still imagery on the rear-facing camera? Is it even good enough for basic daytime shots that aren't meant to be of artistic value anyway?

OP
A

Apple Newbie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Megadesertdiesel said:
I am very disappointed with the camera picture quality.

But I still love my new toy.

Okay. Talk to me about the camera. That's one thing which has me thinking about it. Everything else is solid. Just HOW bad is the still imagery on the rear-facing camera? Is it even good enough for basic daytime shots that aren't meant to be of artistic value anyway?

Its old school cell phone bad, the reviews are not exaggerating when they say that. But the camera equipment seems to be geared towards facetime use, and for that it seems to do the job well.

About the weight, the Ipad 2's weight diff is small, when holding them side by side. But with the thinner frame, flat back and curved sides. Its soooo much easier to hold that it makes it feel even lighter. If you’re someone like me who never puts it down and uses it for everything. It’s a night and day difference.

Ashenor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have to say i love the thickness and weight of the iPad 2 vs my iPad 1. Its so much more comfortable to hold and read now especially in bed.

No regrets on upgrading at all.

Most reactions

Latest posts