What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My info from contacts default to my facebook info

anilnc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I've been using iPad mini since few months. And one thing is annoying me. Even if i selected my info as google info, but again the ipad makes my facebook info as default. Especially because the email id is not same. How to solve this?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Go to Settings > FaceBook and turn off the Contacts app to completely disassociate your iPad Contacts app from FaceBook.

If that's not what you want, try going to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars; scroll down to the Contacts settings and see if you can change the default there. The setting only shows up if there is more than one set of contacts (local or synced). I'm not sure whether this is possible for FaceBook contacts, since I've never allowed FaceBook to contaminate my Contacts.

Ok, 'contaminate' is probably too strong a word, but I kind of feel that way about FaceBook syncing with my iPad's data. Let it stay in it's own app. ;)

OP
A

anilnc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Go to Settings > FaceBook and turn off the Contacts app to completely disassociate your iPad Contacts app from FaceBook.

If that's not what you want, try going to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars; scroll down to the Contacts settings and see if you can change the default there. The setting only shows up if there is more than one set of contacts (local or synced). I'm not sure whether this is possible for FaceBook contacts, since I've never allowed FaceBook to contaminate my Contacts.

Ok, 'contaminate' is probably too strong a word, but I kind of feel that way about FaceBook syncing with my iPad's data. Let it stay in it's own app. ;)

Thanks for replying.

I changed the default my info contact to google email id, but after a day or so, its back setting my Facebook account as default my info contact.

This is my problem. I want to keep Facebook contacts in my iPad for fast message or contacting a friend in Facebook whose email i don't have in google.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'm not sure how to help with that. One of the reasons I turned off the FaceBook stuff was because it seemed to want to take over. That was on iOS 6. I have not been brave enough to give it a chance on iOS 7.

If it's only one or two friends, wouldn't it be easier to copy their info into your Google contacts?

At any rate, I recommend sending Apple feedback on the issue. It won't help soon, if ever, but if we don't say anything. . .

Apple - iPad - Feedback

Most reactions

Latest posts