What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My I pad seem to be frozen i did everything and the last page i had open still open w

myriam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
:(my I pad is forzen it have been on the last page for one hour now and still forzen what itis that i need to do? please help.

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
myriam said:
:(my I pad is forzen it have been on the last page for one hour now and still forzen what itis that i need to do? please help.

The first step to learning how to reboot or reset an iPad involves identifying the sleep/power button. When holding the iPad in portrait mode (longer in vertical direction), the sleep/power button is on the top of the device.

Next, you need to hold this button down for approximately 3 seconds. After holding the button for a few seconds, the iPad's screen will dim and you will see a red slider button that says "Slide to power off" next to it.

To reboot the iPad, slide the red button (it will have a white arrow on it) from left to right. After you have slid the button over, the iPad will begin the shut down process.

Be patient as this might take a few seconds for the iPad to properly shut down. Do not attempt to do anything else with it during this time.

If you wish to restart your iPad after resetting it, wait 10 seconds with the device off prior to turning it on. This process should eliminate whatever sluggish performance or frozen screen you were experiencing.

just another lurker....

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If Wytey's suggestion does not work, you may need to do a reset. This is a little more thurow than the restart, and Apple recomends using it when the iPad is frozen and can not be shut down with just the power button.

Hold down botht the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears. The iPad should reboot. This takes a bit longer than the usual restart.

Most reactions