What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My first question!

moragburton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello all
I've just joined, and I hope someone may be able to help me here.

My ipad is 6 years old and is one of the best things I never bought: it was a 60th birthday present from my family.

I would like to be able to refer to my photos for painting because the quality is so much better than any prints. I've looked through some advice on line and I gather I have to switch off Autolock in 'Display and Brightness'. Unfortunately I don't appear to have Autolock in this section.

Is there anything I can do to stop the ipad from automatically turning off?

Thanks in advance
Morag

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to iPad Forums!

Maybe you’ll find this feature somewhere else in Settings. It wasn’t always in Display & Brightness, and since you own one of the “older” devices, it might be in Settings - General - Autolock.

With Autolock disabled, you’ll have to remember to turn off the screen manually, or else this will drain the battery, though, and it will be easier to gain access to your private information/Apple ID on the iPad. It might be better to select something else but “Never”.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If memory serves, and it often does not, the autolock used to be in the same place where the unlock password/PIN was set. Though wat that was called is definitly not in my memory.

OP
moragburton

moragburton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome to iPad Forums!

Maybe you’ll find this feature somewhere else in Settings. It wasn’t always in Display & Brightness, and since you own one of the “older” devices, it might be in Settings - General - Autolock.

With Autolock disabled, you’ll have to remember to turn off the screen manually, or else this will drain the battery, though, and it will be easier to gain access to your private information/Apple ID on the iPad. It might be better to select something else but “Never”.
Thanks - someone showed me where to find it today, it is just as you suggest.
Cheer

Most reactions

Latest posts