my emails will vanish

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions - Site Assistance' started by Lesstorey, Apr 8, 2014.

1. Lesstorey

Lesstorey
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    i receive my emails ok but they will only stay in the inbox for a short while before removing themselves to the trash, sometimes after a few minutes and sometimes after 12 hours or so, any help will be appreciated

#1 Lesstorey, Apr 8, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2014
  2. The OB

The OB
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    G'day Les and a warm welcome to the forum:) It appears you inadvertently also made this post as a Sticky (threads we're keeping for members' future reference), which I've just removed. That will tidy up the situation because thread duplication on the same topic can fragment a discussion besides being against the forum rules. Ahh, you've brought back memories there mate, as that was exactly what I did with my first forum post:)
    Lots of helpful knowledgeable people here, so I'm sure a fix-it to your problem will soon be on the way here.
    Enjoy the forum!
    Andrew

3. Lesstorey

Lesstorey
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    whoops, apologies for the mistake Andrew, will read the rules again and try to get it right, regards Les

4. J. A.

J. A.
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi, welcome to iPF!

Is your email account set up as POP or IMAP account? You can see that in Settings - Mails, Contacts, Calendars, when you tap the account and look at the incoming mail server.

If it's a POP account, take a look at this link: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3228
    The important information is in "Delete from Server".

#4 J. A., Apr 8, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2014