What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

my emails will vanish

Lesstorey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i receive my emails ok but they will only stay in the inbox for a short while before removing themselves to the trash, sometimes after a few minutes and sometimes after 12 hours or so, any help will be appreciated

Last edited:

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
i receive my emails ok but they will only stay in the inbox for a short while before removing themselves to the trash, sometimes after a few minutes and sometimes after 12 hours or so, any help will be appreciated
G'day Les and a warm welcome to the forum:) It appears you inadvertently also made this post as a Sticky (threads we're keeping for members' future reference), which I've just removed. That will tidy up the situation because thread duplication on the same topic can fragment a discussion besides being against the forum rules. Ahh, you've brought back memories there mate, as that was exactly what I did with my first forum post:)
Lots of helpful knowledgeable people here, so I'm sure a fix-it to your problem will soon be on the way here.
Enjoy the forum!
Andrew

OP
L

Lesstorey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
whoops, apologies for the mistake Andrew, will read the rules again and try to get it right, regards Les

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, welcome to iPF!

Is your email account set up as POP or IMAP account? You can see that in Settings - Mails, Contacts, Calendars, when you tap the account and look at the incoming mail server.

If it's a POP account, take a look at this link: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3228
The important information is in "Delete from Server".

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts