What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My dog passed today....

southpaw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Max -

I really feel for you. I still miss our 12-year German Shepherd who passed away two years ago and our several cats who have passed away over the past 20 years. We find that, with time, we've been able to reminisce and smile about all the good times we had with them. We still call one of our spare bedrooms "Duke's room" because he (the GSD) liked it. We still call one of the spare bedrooms in our former house "Emily's room" because it was a favorite of one of our cats.

I wish you and your family good wishes in dealing with the pain.

Betty

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

NVRENUF

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So sorry to hear mate, I get sad just thinking about that day to come for my dog :(
worst part of having pets.

tim

Loraco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm soo sorry to here that our dogs are our furry chidren!

Savy Quilter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am so deeply sorry for your loss. I feel your pain... as I have lost 3 of my pets in an 8 month period, for a total of 5 pets in the last 13 years. No matter how old, we are never ready to let them go. Remember the good times... I know there are no words to ease your pain. Time heals, but you still remember and tears will roll, no matter how long ago it's been.

Maria

iPad 2 is cool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am so sorry for your loss. I never wanted/liked dogs. My wife force bought a whit Maltese, now he has a black malti-poo sister. I would never go back. Be strong.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've just been reminded of a Siamese cat I once had called Smartie Pants! He was unique, he went for walks with us around the fields and had picnics with us. We even took him camping. He had a cage when we couldn't keep an eye on him with my first Pomeranian Cindy. I'd forgotten about all his quirks because he had awful medical problems towards the end, no need to go into but you can imagine( old age/waterworks) but what a boy! he had a cry like a baby, slightly cross eyed, could open fridge doors by using claws to open the rubber seals with, ordinary doors as long as they had a handle and was so affectionate. He loved humans. I found him stretched out in his favourite spot under the bench in the sun(he was always cold, he loved the sun) and he just died without anyone knowing. I couldn't pick him up so I had to get the next door neighbour to pick him up and put him in a box so hubby could bury him. I'm such a silly Billy, I'm crying as I'm writing this, so silly, it's been 10 years now. You never forget a friend!

from Somerset UK on my iPad using IPF app

OP
Max

Max

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.maxtatau.com
I walked by our park the other day and stopped for a while to reminisce. He loved that park........

It's gonna be a bit longer before I can go back there.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've just had the most awful news. Took my two cats Samson and Delilah to the vets today because I thought they had some cold but it turns out they could have parvovirus and Leuchemia to boot. They've had blood tests and will find out tomorrow. I think the vet knows they have it, he's just checking. I've been crying ever since. They are 2 and 4 years old!!!. Absolutely devastated! I will know for definite tomorrow.

berek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My thoughts are with you, I have a 13 year old chesapeake bay retriever. I know that his days are numbered-- he is the love of my life. :(

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
berek said:
My thoughts are with you, I have a 13 year old chesapeake bay retriever. I know that his days are numbered-- he is the love of my life. :(

Yes, our Sam's days are numbered. He is the same age as my daughter and they are going to mis him. Springer spaniels have the sweetest of natures.

Most reactions

Latest posts