What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My dog passed today....

hookbill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My deepest sympathies. I know that the bond of a dog and it's owneri is very strong. I don't have a dog, I have 5 cats and 8 parrots. Fortunately the 6 of my birds should out live me. 2 will not.

I lost one of my flock in the 90's due to an accident. The grief I felt was greater then any I've ever had for any person. So I do know your pain.

Again, sorry for your loss. Take care.

-hook

anonaboat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So sorry for your loss my friend. When I lost my last "best buddy", Tess, a friend reminded me of the endless supply of tennis balls, sticks and frisbees just on the other side of the Rainbow Bridge. Oddly enough there are plenty of dog lovers willing to toss those items all day long. Some day you and I will be able to play fetch for enternity...I'm looking forward to it. BJ

wigsajumper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry to hear. Lost my first dog when I was away in college it was rough.

Was just looking at Caesar my choco lab/Chessie Lab yesterday and was sad to see he has grey hairs in his muzzle all the way up to his ears. Going to miss him when he is gone he has been awesome with the little one.

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So sorry to hear that! I know how that feels, they are family!

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sorry for your loss, I hate it when your animals die. My kids came home last week from school and found our cat (13 years old) dead curled up on settee. It was a bit upsetting for them. We have dogs, cats, chickens, ducks, 2 horses, 2 budgies, a cockerel and gold fish but our family grieve for each one and they are all buried in our garden with a Rose or plant to remember them by. I've had to put two horses down in the last 10 years and I miss them both so much. I hope you remember all the good times and laugh over their silly antics because they are with us for such a short time and our springer spaniel Sam (rescued so age +- 13/14) is nearing his end. His eyesight and hearing is going but he still thinks he is a spring chicken and the addition of Bonnie, our springer/collie had rejuvenated him for awhile.

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
Sorry for your loss, I hate it when your animals die. My kids came home last week from school and found our cat (13 years old) dead curled up on settee. It was a bit upsetting for them. We have dogs, cats, chickens, ducks, 2 horses, 2 budgies, a cockerel and gold fish but our family grieve for each one and they are all buried in our garden with a Rose or plant to remember them by. I've had to put two horses down in the last 10 years and I miss them both so much. I hope you remember all the good times and laugh over their silly antics because they are with us for such a short time and our springer spaniel Sam (rescued so age +- 13/14) is nearing his end. His eyesight and hearing is going but he still thinks he is a spring chicken and the addition of Bonnie, our springer/collie had rejuvenated him for awhile.

Awwwww. At least kitty was comfortable in his/her sleep at home when he/she passed. I have eight cats and can totally sympathize.

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Her name was Cinders and she was also a rescued cat found in a field when 4 weeks old. How could someone do that? We have 3 other cats and they are all black like her. I'm not superstitious though. Thank you for reply.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We quit trying to figure out why people do things to animals a long time ago. All of our dogs have been rescued from shelters or one of Missouri's infamous puppy mills. We don't worry about their past because as far as we are concerned, their lives start over once they are at our house.

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
Her name was Cinders and she was also a rescued cat found in a field when 4 weeks old. How could someone do that? We have 3 other cats and they are all black like her. I'm not superstitious though. Thank you for reply.

Black cats are awesome. They're amongst the most affectionate and playful. Darn intelligent, too. Religious and pagan superstition over the ages have wrongly vilified them. I have three black cats, two boys and one girl. The oldest boy is my buddy and hangs out with me all the time. He sleeps right up on my shoulder and he plays "fetch" better than any dog I know. He LOVES playing fetch with his favorite little ball, or-even better-his favorite long bootlace. When he wants to play, he brings it to me and drops it down right on me or in front of me. Aside from them I have two tuxedos, one Norwegian Forest Cat (he's HUGE-20 lbs) and two under-sized Maine Coons.

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

PatS

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So sorry for your loss. I just gave my golden a special hug. So very painful. I've been through it.

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm very sorry. I'm a furry family person too/ (cat and dog) Both are equal importance and standing to our family. I miss my two other kitties every day. (they died a few years back)
Your Dag looks like he was a champ. Again, I'm sorry.

Kimmiekim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Max said:
Dag was old, 13, but still had energy to jump around whenever I came home, pester me with licks in the morning and be a little playful bastard in the park... I'll miss you buddy!

This is my first night on here but I wanted to tell u how sorry I am for your loss.

Most reactions

Latest posts