What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Daughter was just mugged!

mk4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What state are you in? Carry concealed?
In trained hands, Smith & Wesson provides a comprehensive insurance package.

AA

by SP's sidebar info, she's in California... not good at all, for concealed carry or *any* carry, for that matter.
s&w does work nicely, though i'm a sig sauer fan. ;-)

SweetPoison... very happy your daughter is ok!

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I own a gun for home protection and target shooting. I qualify for a carry permit, but I don't think carrying everywhere is all that useful. It's not likely that you're going to get to your gun in time if you're jumped, and in such cases a gun might be wrested from you, especially in close quarters, and you're putting yourself at risk of getting shot.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
I own a gun for home protection and target shooting. I qualify for a carry permit, but I don't think carrying everywhere is all that useful. It's not likely that you're going to get to your gun in time if you're jumped, and in such cases a gun might be wrested from you, especially in close quarters, and you're putting yourself at risk of getting shot.

Yes!!! I would probably be nerve stricken and wouldn't know what to do with it if I were ever attacked *knockonwoodhopenever*

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 With IOS 5.01Update From NYC using iPF

mk4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Every day carry requires training and vigilance, no doubt. Folks unwilling to invest time, $ and effort should probably not carry, concealed or otherwise. Two key words... Situational awareness. Words to carry, and live by.

Be safe!

RoadPilot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's not likely that you're going to get to your gun in time if you're jumped, and in such cases a gun might be wrested from you, especially in close quarters, and you're putting yourself at risk of getting shot.
You are clearly in need of some education and training relative to both WHY and HOW to carry a concealed handgun.

And if you feel that you are not capable and/or trained properly enough to maintain possession and control of you firearm, then you are right - you have no business carrying it in public places.

I qualify for a carry permit, but I don't think carrying everywhere is all that useful.
If you can accurately predict when and when not to carry a handgun, then your best bet is to simply avoid the places that you feel you would need to carry.

Seriously, my point is that it is impossible to predict the need. Therefore, it is far better to have it and not to need it than to need it and not have it.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You are clearly in need of some education and training relative to both WHY and HOW to carry a concealed handgun.

And if you feel that you are not capable and/or trained properly enough to maintain possession and control of you firearm, then you are right - you have no business carrying it in public places.

If you can accurately predict when and when not to carry a handgun, then your best bet is to simply avoid the places that you feel you would need to carry.

Seriously, my point is that it is impossible to predict the need. Therefore, it is far better to have it and not to need it than to need it and not have it.

I'm not interested in carrying. Not interested in your type of "education" either.

Most reactions