What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

my cydia is messed up help!!!!!!

delta12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i had an ipad2 with wifi and a 3g . i also had firmware 5.0.1.
but today i removed cydia, it was broken

1) do i must instal cydia again, and how and were?
2) o r do must jailbreak that thing again, and i need realy help:(

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Removing Cydia is a pretty bad idea. It is unlikely it was broken, and getting rid of it is a bad choice!

Your best bet, since the singing window for 5.0.1 is still open, is to backup your iPad, restore to a stock / clean 5.0.1 firmware using iTunes, then immediately re-jailbreak using Absinthe, then restore you backup (if required).

xIkx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And after that, never remove cydia again. It is unlikely it will ever be broken. Sometimes it needs to update itself or its sources, that's all.

fstbusa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I accidentally did the same thing. I scoured the net for tutorial on how to install cydia manually. Couldn't come up with one. Ended up restoring 5.01 and re-jailbreaking.

Good luck!

Redneck_Randy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I accidentally did the same thing. I scoured the net for tutorial on how to install cydia manually. Couldn't come up with one. Ended up restoring 5.01 and re-jailbreaking.

Good luck!

Reinstalling Cydia after it's been delete is a total PIA.

Most reactions