My convo with an Apple Expert re:3g Pre Orders /ship dates

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by Corey, Apr 21, 2010.

1. latinnftl

latinnftl
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:

Technically it still is a preorder, as the 3G isn't in the store. What is clearly troubling is that the date on which you thought your preorder would arrive changed from "late April" to "May 7." I empathize with you, considering I preordered in March. And I believe that considering the degree to which Apple monitors the every single movement of all their products and employees--to the point where you can't even get help at the Genius Bar without a GD appointment--the system should have at least alerted you to an "unknown" delivery date. However, you may still exercise the option of canceling your order and attempting to secure one at a store on April 30. Sure, you'd have a better chance of seeing Moses, but still worth a shot. I have to echo another poster's comment that while you may be angry, frustrated, confused, disheartened, or insert any other emotion in there to take it out on a customer service representative is really not fair. There is no shortage of people who have access to Jobs' email, send him a note. He is the person to whom you should direct your more than appropriate frustration.

2. IpadOne

IpadOne
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Corey, after reading the big cake you made for the word ''Pre-order’’ i am wondering if you really need a iPad more than take a good rest in psychiatric hospital

you have several option: go in line buy one and cancel the online one , wait the 7 or just cancel and wait for HP Slate

Most of us have order in day 1, you order late for some reasons and now you cry in the desert because you will not get it in the first batch

So my dear cry, cry the world will not stop to turn and the only you punish is your self depressing about a week delay …

3. Tucker

Tucker
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    damn...got me on that one corey. I hate spell check. they need a relevance checker, or correct word for context checker

4. CaptKirk

CaptKirk
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Funny,,,, I was thinking the same thing,,, and several other occasions as well.

5. traylorc

traylorc
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I'm sorry Corey....I'm not feeling sympathetic to your plight. You seem eager to debate the semantics of the word "pre-order".

Bottom line....you got to the party a little late, no big deal. As others have mentioned you have an opportunity to get an ipad on the 30th by going to the store.

6. kheldour

kheldour
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    I don't understand the whole discussion. After the very successful launch of the iPad Wifi, it was more than obvious, that the 3G would be sold out fast too.

Apple's only "fault" is, that they totally underestimated the demand.

You are moaning about a WEEK delay. We in Europe have a FULL MONTH to wait, because the US has such a high demand on iPads.

So - YOU ARE LUCKY !!!!

7. spinfreak

spinfreak
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I just pre-ordered my Ipad today, and it says my expected ship date is April 30th :cool:

J/K. It's May 7th :D

8. gentlefury

gentlefury
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    That is one thing I think could be improved...I think it was somehow more intuitive on the iPhone.

I just accidentally typed all as akk and it had no idea! The K is right next to the L...what else would it be???

There have been a lot of occasions I'll type something and it would be perfectly logical to fix it, but it either breaks it as 2 nonsense words or just leaves it with a red squiggle.