What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My commodore setup, post your retro setups!!!!!

Reaction score
Gave my oldest working computer a clean-up

O yes, my Vic 20 got a clean up!

Attachments

• image-1055853324.jpg
    image-1055853324.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 412
  • image-611487495.jpg
    image-611487495.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 322
OP
nathan the ipad lover
Reaction score
Post ur old computer pics!! My Vic 20 by C= commodore :)

Attachments

• image-1304215893.jpg
    image-1304215893.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 508

TheRambler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
theramblersramblings.blogspot.co.uk
Excellent picture!! I loved my old computers, I started on the Sinclair ZX81, then moved onto the Sinclair ZX Spectrum 48k, Sinclair ZX Spectrum 128k and then finally an Amiga 600HD, I loved my days with the basic computers, I was able to write programs to make them do whatever I needed!

I could give copied photos but I can't find any that I have taken all those years ago.

Do you still use yours? I take it your a bit of a retro gamer!? I've just downloaded a great Spectrum Emulator from the app store with inbuilt games, brought back many happy memories! If only 'Ultimate Play The Game' would have brought a compilation out before disappearing!!! I loved the Atic Atac and Sabre Wulf style games!

OP
nathan the ipad lover
Reaction score
TheRambler said:
Excellent picture!! I loved my old computers, I started on the Sinclair ZX81, then moved onto the Sinclair ZX Spectrum 48k, Sinclair ZX Spectrum 128k and then finally an Amiga 600HD, I loved my days with the basic computers, I was able to write programs to make them do whatever I needed!

I could give copied photos but I can't find any that I have taken all those years ago.

Do you still use yours? I take it your a bit of a retro gamer!? I've just downloaded a great Spectrum Emulator from the app store with inbuilt games, brought back many happy memories! If only 'Ultimate Play The Game' would have brought a compilation out before disappearing!!! I loved the Atic Atac and Sabre Wulf style games!

Im not a retro gamer but I love old computers not just for games, the programming!! And the nostalgia

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I used some Jif cream to clean it with a rag including cleaning the datasette

You did a great job, Nathan. You could really help a lot of people who needs help to get their computers cleaned up like that!

Certainly nice to see how excited you are about your computers! They are wonderful aren't they? :)

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think life was simpler in the old 8-bit days. I certainly do not mourn the passing of cassette based data storage, however. The 1541 was high on my list of priorities when I had a C64.

And Elite was possibly the best computer game ever written. I would love to see an iPad version.

Last edited:

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
nathan the ipad lover said:
I am getting two C64s with 2 1541-II disk drives and a c2n datasette :)

Do you know how to change the device number of the second 1541 so that you can use them together on the same machine? If not, I can just about remember how to do it. ;) You have to cut a jumper inside to change it from device 8 to device 9.

If you can get hold of it, there was a great program for really getting to the guts of a C64. It was called Sysres and it was probably the equivalent of jailbreaking in those far off days.

It gave loads of extra commands, such as OLD, for restoring a program when you had accidentally typed NEW and watched several hours of programming disappear. It also made the C64 default to disk instead of tape for saving.

Most reactions

Latest posts