What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My bookmarks disappeared

Elluh94

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't know why, but about a week ago all my bookmarks disappeared from safari. When I try to add new bookmarks they don't show anywhere. I use bookmarks a lot so what to do? Should I download like a google chrome app and use it instead of safari? Has anyone had their bookmarks disappear from chrome?

Magothy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My Bookmarks were here earlier, but now my many bookmarks, carefully ordered, are all gone, leaving only the default ones. How can I get them back?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi there! Welcome to iPF, Magothy!

First things to do when something's not right with an iPad:

Restart, reboot the iPad, and clear the multitask bar. This will help in most cases.

Restart: turn off the iPad, turn it on again.
Reboot: press Home and Power button at the same time until the Apple logo appears.
Remove apps from the multitask bar: double press home button to reveal it, tap and hold an app until it wiggles, then delete the apps.

It could also help to go to Settings - Safari, Clear History and Clear Cookies and Data.

Last edited:

Icarus73

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well if all fails try to sign out from icloud bookmarks service and then a brief moment later sign back in. Sometimes it happens and this method always solves my issues.

Most reactions