What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My battery on my iPad Air only last about 4 hrs at most with just browsing the web is that normal

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've deleted your other post on this same topic. Posting the same question in more than one thread can fragment any resulting conversation making it hard to follow. It's also against our rules.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
With just normal web browsing, your battery, when new should last for about 10 hours. After a year, the battery is rated to hold about 80% of its original capacity. Your battery is at about 40% of original capacity. Do you live close enough to an Apple Store to take your iPad in for a Genius Bar appointment? If a diagnostic shows an excessively depleted battery capacity and if your warranty hasn't expired, you'll be offered a free battery replacement. If it's out of warranty, the battery replacement cost is $99.00.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Probably the single biggest hit on battery life is the screen brighness. Make sure you aren't cranking it up higher than necessary. I find about ½ to ⅔ is more than enough for indoor use.

Here are some other tips from Apple.

http://www.apple.com/batteries/maximizing-performance/#ios

If that's still not doing it for you then you might have a defective battery. scifan57 's advice applies.

INMY01TA

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Screen brightness, keyboard clicks, alerts, all this will lower battery life. Turn off bluetooth too if you're not using it.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Not normal at all. Take the advice here and turn OFF features you don't use, keep brightness down to a reasonable level, etc, etc.

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I get at least 12 hours with various usage, and fully charge it overnight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kieran2001

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dear jasfi123,
here is some tips to help your battery last longer :
1. Turn down your brightness in settings
2. Turn Bluetooth of when your not using it
3. Turn of WIFI while charging

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Also turn off background app refresh in settings general. This can be done for all apps or individually.

Same goes for location services in settings general privacy.

Both may help to reduce battery drain.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Latest posts