What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My apps say waiting and wont load?

Shiny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I downloaded games and they say waiting.. But when i downloaded another game it loaded and the other ones are still waiting

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

A couple of Forum members have had similar problems - the problem either seems to resolve itself - i.e. the app eventually downloads - or they abandon the download and try again. You don't need to purchase the app a second time, so you can power recycle your iPad (press and hold the Power switch for a couple of seconds) then, if the app is 'there' delete it and re-install it. Hope this helps but, if there's still a problem, get back in touch. I'm sure other Forum members will have better advice too!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

It’s free too.

Tim
Scotland

Kendown

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Could be a setting too

I had the same issue, and upon looking at my settings for the Store, I noticed I had 'Use Cellular Data' set to "off". Once I set it to ON, it all downloaded.

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This problem is not uncommon but the source of it can be any number of things. Perform steps below in progression and as required to resolve the issue:

1. Problem with Apple ID. Sign out of your iTunes account via Settings/Store/Apple ID/Sign out. Now sign back into your Apple ID and view your account via Settings/Store/Apple ID/View Apple ID. Now verify your payment method on the account (credit card or gift card) and make sure neither is expired, invalid, or exhausted in the case of a gift card. Correct as required. Now check to see if waiting app is now loading/installing.

2. Sign into your iTunes account from within iTunes on your PC. Do NOT connect your iPad at this time. Verify that no pending downloads are present in iTunes whether it be an app, a podcast, a song, a movie, or TV show. Resume and complete any orphaned downloads you may find. Now check to see if waiting app is now loading/installing.

3. From within iTunes download the app that is waiting on the iPad. Confirm it completes normally. Change iTunes sync option to manual. Attach iPad. Perform manual sync of problem app from PC to iPad.

Most reactions

Latest posts