What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My 3g network is not working...

ElitaOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi! Can anyone pls tell me if u encountered such problem....ive been trying to connect to my 3g network but i keep on getting the error message...aaarrrggghhh! Its been 2 weeks.....

Sent from my iPad using iPF

sTechnical

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i would like to suggest u..
1. turn phone off and on (not sleep/wake).
2. disable 3g and see if you get data on edge.
3. check carrier settings
4. reset network settings
5. check if you've got an ip address on the cell network..

thanks......

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi! Can anyone pls tell me if u encountered such problem....ive been trying to connect to my 3g network but i keep on getting the error message...aaarrrggghhh! Its been 2 weeks.....

In addition to the excellent suggestions made by the previous poster could you tell us

(1) Have you ever been able to connect to 3G or is this a new problem over the last two weeks?
(2) What is displayed in the iPad menu bar - ‘Searching’? Or do you see the name of a carrier?
(3) Another point, look in the iPad’s native ‘Settings’ app, go to ‘Carrier’, and set ‘Carriers’ -> ‘Automatic’. If not your iPad may be looking for a specific network and it’s not present in your current location.
(4) Are you roaming or trying to connect to your Home network?
(5) If you’ve never been able to connect before then, as the previous poster suggested, check your network settings - ‘Settings’, ‘Cellular Data’, ‘Cellular Data’ -> ‘On’, ‘Data Roaming’ -> ‘On’ if you’re roaming, ‘APN’ -> set appropriately, your service provider should give you this information, ‘SIM PIN’ -> set appropriately if so advised by your service provider.

If these, or the previous poster’s suggestions, don’t cure the problem get back to us and we’ll try some other ideas!

Good Luck!

Tim
Scotland

OP
E

ElitaOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried everything..there's ip address and its not roaming..i can see the network and the signal is quite strong but when i try to open safari or any other browser it says that i'm not subscribed to a cellular network. I thought it's just the network from my country but when i came back to my work base, i put another sim from a different country but everything is the same. My ipad is not jailbroken and i reset already and it didn't change anything. My version is 4.2.1..thanks for the reply guyz

Most reactions