What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My 1st Ipad :)

castagnola68

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi All,
Here is my introductory email :)
My name is Stacey and I just bought the IPad 2 this past Friday.

Glad I stumbled on this site, I will be sure to take my time & read all the FAQ's so I can use this incredible piece of technology to its fullest extent.

The only other Apple product I've owned is the shuffle and that was a LONG time ago.

I'm having difficulty navigating some things since I am so unfamiliar with the Apple product (I've only navigated Microsoft) so I look forward to figuring out all the ways to navigate.

I think first things first, I need to name my Ipad..... Its so amazing, it deserves a name!!

Thank you,

Stacey

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive. ~Elbert Hubbard

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there Stacey and welcome.

There is lots of good advice and info on here plus plenty of members all too willing to help with any problems.

Remember, search is your friend. If you can't find the answer you need and you post a question then give as much info as you can to help members help you i.e. iPad 1 or 2, iOS version and name of app if the problem is with a specific app........and please don't forget to read the rules http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

These are the hacking section rules for all you jail breakers (and would be jail breakers) http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/2892-hacking-section-rules-please-read.html

We also have an app for this forum. The link to download the app is: Discussion Forum for iPad Users for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

You can download the manual for your iPad here http://support.apple.com/manuals/ and in iBooks search for "iPad user guide for" and you will find free comprehensive manuals for both iOS 4 and 5.

If you have other Apple products or are interested in other Apple kit then why not join our sister forum too at http://www.appleforums.net/

The Archangel

stranding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
castagnola68 said:
Hi All,
Here is my introductory email :)
My name is Stacey and I just bought the IPad 2 this past Friday.

Glad I stumbled on this site, I will be sure to take my time & read all the FAQ's so I can use this incredible piece of technology to its fullest extent.

The only other Apple product I've owned is the shuffle and that was a LONG time ago.

I'm having difficulty navigating some things since I am so unfamiliar with the Apple product (I've only navigated Microsoft) so I look forward to figuring out all the ways to navigate.

I think first things first, I need to name my Ipad..... Its so amazing, it deserves a name!!

Thank you,

Stacey

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive. ~Elbert Hubbard

Welcome from me too. :)
What did you decide for a name?

OP
C

castagnola68

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all! Thanks for ur replies. I am going to name this baby, that's for sure!
We'll name her (him?) today

Funny, the apps I can figure out its these unknown symbols that are throwing me.

The little box that is open. The box with the arrow. For a first time apple user, we just don't know what these symbols mean!
Thank goodness i haven't inadvertently deleted anything (lol, I can figure out the trash can symbol!)

Of course, my 9 year old niece knows a lot and a showed me how I can turn mr. Blue angry bird into triplicate LOL!

No backspace key on keyboard? Only delete?!

I tried finding that scotutor app someone mentioned but I think it's been removed from the app store?

Will continue my ipad2 training! I do love scramble with friends and I'm starting to collect a very handsome library of books :)

Tanks again,

Stacey

OP
C

castagnola68

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Also, what is the deal with jail breaking??!! It seems to be a hot word around here. I am definitely NOT ready for any sort of jail breaking with my new toy

stranding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
castagnola68 said:
Hi all! Thanks for ur replies. I am going to name this baby, that's for sure!
We'll name her (him?) todaydde0a

Funny, the apps I can figure out its these unknown symbols that are throwing me.

The little box that is open. The box with the arrow. For a first time apple user, we just don't know what these symbols mean!
Thank goodness i haven't inadvertently deleted anything (lol, I can figure out the trash can symbol!)

Of course, my 9 year old niece knows a lot and a showed me how I can turn mr. Blue angry bird into triplicate LOL!

No backspace key on keyboard? Only delete?!

I tried finding that scotutor app someone mentioned but I think it's been removed from the app store?

Will continue my ipad2 training! I do love scramble with friends and I'm starting to collect a very handsome library of books :)

Tanks again,

Stacey

How I feel for you! I went through all this a few weeks back. Straight from lifetime Windows, wouldn't touch Apple with a barge pole...very anti their bossiness & control-freakery. All the things you mention will be the same for those of us who have dared to cross over... Big Sigh :-(.

No menus, no right click, no back key, nothing to help at all... I am still trying to find stuff & cope. But I love the dratted thingy itself! Good luck :)

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts