What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mute should mean mute

JoshuaMoore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okay so I have the new Ipad , though I'm sure this is the way all the ipads are. Funny story, This morning in Sunday school I was using my apple bluetooth keyboard to take notes on my Ipad. I always hit the mute switch on the Ipad when I go to church and it was muted , however I accidentally hit the play key on the keyboard and the ipad began playing music. Needless to say it embarrassed me a great deal. In my opinion mute should mean mute, the whole system . I understand now that it only mutes the system sounds but not really the music and the volume rockers need to be down but it shouldn't be that way. Whats weird is I couldn't turn the darn thing off. I used the media buttons on the keyboard , turned the volume rockers down on the Ipad and the music was still playing. I can deal with getting laughed at a bit lol but I'd really rather this didn't happen again. It was playing from my music without even opening the music program. Is there anyway to rectify this, or is there an app that will mute everything?

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A manual hack that I've seen in other uses: Cut the plug off an unwanted set of earphones or earbuds and use the plug to mute a device by plugging in. Unplug when you want your sound back.

Roy Rob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
A manual hack that I've seen in other uses: Cut the plug off an unwanted set of earphones or earbuds and use the plug to mute a device by plugging in. Unplug when you want your sound back.

I agree Kaykaykay, by far the quickest and simplest way.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
100% mute without jailbreak or a headphone dongle.

Flip the mute switch. This kills system sounds.

Hold down the volume down button for a couple seconds. This kills everything else. It also kills all system sounds, unless you turn OFF Change with Buttons for the Ringer in in Settings > Sounds (which I do).

Most reactions

Latest posts