What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mute or Rotation Lock?

Which did you choose for your switch in with the advent of iOS 4.3?

• Make mine a rotation lock.

Votes: 42 89.4%
  • Make mine a mute switch.

Votes: 4 8.5%
  • I don't know and/or I don't care.

Votes: 1 2.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mikeos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Rotation lock. I read in bed and hold the iPad sideways locked in portrait mode. Handy to switch back and forth when I need too.

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
mikeos said:
Rotation lock. I read in bed and hold the iPad sideways locked in portrait mode. Handy to switch back and forth when I need too.

Ditto. Especially since it's so easy to mute the iPad by holding the volume rocker switch in the "down" position for a full second or so. I'm really ap Steve & Co. gave us the choice. Everybody wins.

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad using iPF

Reaction score
Mute. On my iPad 2, the lock button has become useless, as it is so hard to use. It is faster to enter the multitask-bar, slide left and tap there, than to slide the mute button. So I only use the orientation lock in the multitask-bar and press the volume down for fast mute.

Last edited:
Reaction score
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:
Mute. On my iPad 2, the lock button has become useless, as it is so hard to use. It is faster to enter the multitask-bar, slide left and tap there, than to slide the mute button. So I only use the orientation lock in the multitask-bar and press the volume down for fast mute.

Just a quick update.

After month of use, is the rotation lock easy to use. It slides as smoothly as the iPad 1’s rotation lock.

Surboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Definitely rotation lock, the iPad can be quickly muted by holding down the volume button for a couple of seconds anyway.

Most reactions

Latest posts