What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mute button not working

Benm1020

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just updated and i noticed that when i try to use the new mute switch it doesnt work (replaced the lock orientantion button) does anybody else have this problem. Like it displays the sound sign with a cross through it but doesnt mute the sound

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The Mute Button mutes system generated sounds

Like key sounds when pressing individual keys. But it won't mute sound if you are playing a video or music. I presume the logic is that you don't need another button to mute music or video when you can just press the pause button if you want to stop the sound.

OP
B

Benm1020

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok i see how that works i would rather have the orientation switch instead of a key sound mute pretty dumb of apple to switch it

iPadster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It also mutes email and calendar alerts which is handy for me since I use my iPad in meetings at work.

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Agree with you, Ben

One of Mr. Job's dumbest moves in 2010 was to exchange the function of the valued rotation lock switch to a sort of mute located right next to, guess what, the real mute/volume keys.

Most reactions

Latest posts