What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Must Have Apps?

toothdoctor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just got my new iPad Air and I Love It! Still have my 2 but this feels so much lighter, I'm carrying it around with me.
Anyway, am now getting serious about using it during the work day and thought those of you who already use it for work can advise on some must-have apps.
BTW, I have an iPhone,but my computers at home and work are PCs.
Thanks!

markbnh1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The productivity apps are all FREE with your new iPad air! Pages, Numbers, Keynote....as well as iPhotos and GarageBand. Just log onto the App Store and grab them!

Sent from my iPad Air using iPF

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
These are some of the apps I use, some may interest you:

Personal finance: Accounts
Cloud storage: Dropbox
News: Flipboard
Social networks: Facebook, Twitter
Reading books: iBooks, Kindle
Password manager: pwsafe
Forums: Tapatalk

OP
T

toothdoctor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your input.
Is there a tutorial on how to transfer documents in Pages, Keynote, etc to Word, Power Point, or is this even possible?
I would hate to create a presentation in Keynote and not be able to use it on my PC.
Thanks
RAM

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
When you create a file in Pages (just as an example), tap the "Share" icon, to get these options:

image-1737700940.jpg

Choose "Open in another app"

image-2879320848.jpg

Tap "Word"

image-1031516012.jpg

Here, tap "Choose app"

image-920351476.jpg

And apps installed on your iPad that can open the newly created Word file will be visible. Select the one you prefer.

Danboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can someone tell me where the Kindle app is on the iPad Air? My Wife would like to look at the books. Thanks

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Can someone tell me where the Kindle app is on the iPad Air? My Wife would like to look at the books. Thanks

You'll have to go to the AppStore (on your iPad) and download the app. Then, after opening the app, sign in with your Amazon account Information and you'll be able to browse your books.

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The Kindle app is not one of the standard pre-installed apps, it has to be downloaded from the AppStore. It is a free app. Here is the AppStore link. https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/kindle/id302584613?mt=8

If your wife has already purchased Kindle books from Amazon, she can download them to the app and read them on her iPad.

Most reactions

Latest posts