What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Must Have Apps for New User of iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi Only

fbus02

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All iPad Air 2 Old users i just wanna have your

opinion what to install must have Apps & Good

Games on my 16GB iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi Only i

prefer free only thanks in advance

OP
F

fbus02

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tested Apps for:

Playing Movies
MP3 Player
Torrent Downloader
Video Downloader
PDF Reader
Microsoft Office

Just like must have Applications for
newly Formatted Laptops

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Playing Movies -- I don't do this outside of apps like Netflix and Hulu; and rarely there. I prefer the big computer screen (27") for movies.

MP3 Player -- I just use Music and iTunes, for now.

Torrent Downloader -- Not even sure you can find one without jailbreaking. And given the rampant abuse of this technology the subject is likely to get you into trouble here.

Video Downloader -- Again, I don't do this. If I do need a few videos on the iPad I import them into iTunes on the computer and sync them to the Videos app; but I almost never do this.

PDF Reader -- I like PDF Expert for documents I may want to annotate and iBooks if all I'm going to do is read them.

Microsoft Office -- Hard to beat the Microsoft apps already available in the App Store. They are free, and you can enable almost all the functionality with a free Microsoft user account.

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My most used apps:

Accounts2 - personal budgeting and checkbook
Day One - person log/journal app
Documents, by Readdle - good all-around file manager
Feedly - news aggregator
Leonardo - image editor
PDF Expert - reading and annotating .PDF files

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
All iPad Air 2 Old users i just wanna have your opinion what to install must have Apps & Good Games on my 16GB iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi Only i

Hello Fbus02 - I have an iPad Air 2 (Wi-Fi only but w/ 64 GB of storage) - so your first mistake w/ this device is to have purchased one w/ only 16 GB which you will regret (may have been OK 2-3 years ago) - you are quite limited on what to store on this device, e.g. I've added a LOT of MP3 music and apps and have already consumed 30 GB - my main point for your lack of storage is to tell us what your main apps & storage (e.g. music, books, movies, etc.) are desired - you really do not have many choices w/ the 16 GB - sorry but true. Dave :)

P.S. Depending on your needs, the request for only 'free' apps is also a misconception - again, depending on what you want to do w/ this device, apps that may be to your best advantage may cost a few bucks, so forget about 'free' and pick a price that is acceptable to you, whether one or two dollars or $5 or more.

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Forgot about free. I actually tend to avoid free apps and services, unless they are one time use throw aways, or casual games. I like quality, and I like some assurance that the developer is making enough money that they will 'probably' still be around a year later; when I've invested all my time and data in their product.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Forgot about free. I actually tend to avoid free apps and services, unless they are one time use throw aways, or casual games. I like quality, and I like some assurance that the developer is making enough money that they will 'probably' still be around a year later; when I've invested all my time and data in their product.

Hi TP - I really hate that attitude of 'free apps' - you pay hundreds of dollars for an iDevice and then expect all apps to be free, many of which are inferior and/or have irritating ads (which I understand are needed for these developers to support their efforts) - BUT, for those considering apps for their iDevices, decide on what you need to do and look closely at the reviews - an app that may cost you a few bucks (i.e. USA dollars) or even $5 will likely be a much better option - of course 'free' apps can be easily downloaded, tried, and deleted which is probably a very common occurrence - just my 2 cents - Dave :)

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I tend to agree, but also try to remember that not everyone is the same situation. Some receive their iPads as gifts or part of a business or educational program. These people might be on a limited budget; have a 'gift card' limit from parents, school, whatever; or some other situation I haven't thought of.

So, I say, if you can pay for apps and services it's a good idea. It helps support quality developers, encourages a healthy app store, and generally gets you better apps. If you do use free apps, remember that you are getting them for free. Don't expect them to be the 'best' apps. And don't gripe about the best apps costing money. Developer's need to eat too.

Nepheler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine:
Evernote (note app)
VLC player for IOS (watching movies)
Plex (streaming app)
Zaker(news app,apparently Apple is going to push it own news app, I'll wait)

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I feel the need to chime in here and say don't be afraid to pay for apps, or at least research them a bit. The reason I say this is that I just bought a running/walking app for my iPhone after doing a little reading. The app was $3.99 but turned out to be worth much more than that due to the type and amount of information the app provides, as well as its other features. This app, in my opinion, should have cost three times what the developer charged for it, so I was tickled pink to find it at its current price. I used to be an android developer and, from what I've seen, paid apps on iOS are much more polished and of higher value than many of the paid apps I used while on android. Needless to say I'm much more willing to pay for apps on iOS.

Nepheler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just want to add one: Paper 53 - if you are fond of drawing. Its professional yet easy-to-use, the best drawing app I've used!

Scottysize

iPF Novice
Reaction score
All iPad Air 2 Old users i just wanna have your

opinion what to install must have Apps & Good

Games on my 16GB iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi Only i

Not sure what you mean by "Old", but I am old. I started with an iPad 3, if you mean people who used older iPads.

• For me, Plex is a must. I serve movies from my house and love Plex. (I paid the $150 for a lifetime use of Plex)
  • Netflix of course
  • I've been playing the following games:
  • Baseball 2015
  • Subway Surfers (Been playing this one since iPad 3)
  • WGT (World Golf Tour)
  • and one of those build it and attack other peoples places game. (Forgot the name)
  • Office 365
  • So far every app I've used since the iPad 3 work fine on the iPad Air 2.

Reaction score
Hello Fbus02 - I have an iPad Air 2 (Wi-Fi only but w/ 64 GB of storage) - so your first mistake w/ this device is to have purchased one w/ only 16 GB which you will regret (may have been OK 2-3 years ago) - you are quite limited on what to store on this device, e.g. I've added a LOT of MP3 music and apps and have already consumed 30 GB - my main point for your lack of storage is to tell us what your main apps & storage (e.g. music, books, movies, etc.) are desired - you really do not have many choices w/ the 16 GB - sorry but true. Dave :)

P.S. Depending on your needs, the request for only 'free' apps is also a misconception - again, depending on what you want to do w/ this device, apps that may be to your best advantage may cost a few bucks, so forget about 'free' and pick a price that is acceptable to you, whether one or two dollars or $5 or more.

I agree he will regret buying the 16gb version I just bought mine I got the 128 gb model with Wifi and Cellular just for that reason so I had no regrets later.

Most reactions

Latest posts