What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Music Practice Aid

GaryLee4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an app. (AnyTune) that I would like to download the song lyrics from iTunes to. I use the app or practice with my bass guitar. It allows you to change the song to the key that your music is printed in, and then practice along with the song. It has and equalizer that allows you to cut or boost the freqs. you need. I'm having trouble getting the lyrics in the app. Any help please.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
iTunes songs do not contain lyrics unless you have added them yourself using the computer version of iTunes. You do this by right clicking on the track, choosing Get Info, and pasting the lyrics into the Lyrics tab. I seem to remember hearing about some computer side tools that can automate this with some success, but am not sure.

Once added to iTunes on the computer they should sync to the iPad the next time you sync your music with that computer/iTunes.

If there is any other way to add lyrics to iTunes purchased songs on the iPad, I am not aware of it.

The last time I checked the iPad's Music app did not display lyrics, though the iPhone version does. That was a few updates ago, os YMMV.

There may be a way of adding songs/lyrics directly to AnyTunes. I'm not familiar with the app. If you have not done so I'd go to the developer's website (link fund on their App Store page). If the answer isn't there already, there is usually a way to ask them for help.

Good luck.

Most reactions