What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Music plays by itself

donlocke65

iPF Noob
Reaction score
recently my music has started playing by itself,I will pause it ,then it will start again,don't know what to do .

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Is there a Bluetooth keyboard connected to your iPad? In some cases, if the keyboard is still connected to the iDevice, it happened that a certain key was activated while transporting the keyboard, which made the music play. This also depended on the bag which was used to transport the keyboard.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Does it also start playing when you force close the Music app?

To force close:
Double tap the Home button to show the multitask bar. Slide the thumbnail above the Music app icon towards the top of the screen.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Siri and Bluetooth are the only things I can think of that can launch and start the Music app playing without tapping something on the iPad. You could try turning off BlueTooth, just to eliminate that possibility absolutely.

Is there any pattern to when this happens. Are you in a particular app, say Safari or a game?

Hmm, just thought I do have an exercise/running app that can cause music to play. These can be running in the background. However, a simple restart of the iPad should have stopped anything like that.

Though, come to think of it, you haven't said whether you've tried a restart or reset.

B]Restart:[/B] Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears. Apple recommends you restart the iPad at least once a month.

and then a reset if that does not work.

Reset: Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot. This usually takes a bit longer than a restart.

OP
D

donlocke65

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Siri and Bluetooth are the only things I can think of that can launch and start the Music app playing without tapping something on the iPad. You could try turning off BlueTooth, just to eliminate that possibility absolutely.

Is there any pattern to when this happens. Are you in a particular app, say Safari or a game?

Hmm, just thought I do have an exercise/running app that can cause music to play. These can be running in the background. However, a simple restart of the iPad should have stopped anything like that.

Though, come to think of it, you haven't said whether you've tried a restart or reset.

B]Restart:[/B] Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears. Apple recommends you restart the iPad at least once a month.

and then a reset if that does not work.

Reset: Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot. This usually takes a bit longer than a restart.

OP
D

donlocke65

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have tried all the restarts,when I double click on home button with music playing the music icon or page does not come up.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Might not be the Music app then. What apps do come up? Ones that might play music, even as a secondary function like exercise apps. Set up correctly, the Clock app can also play music (as an alarm).

And though I doubt it's an issue, are you jailbroken? If you don't know what that is, then you aren't.

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just a thought. If you are using IOS. 8+ then the control panel (swipe up from the base of the screen) also has music controls (left hand side) which will play stored music without the music app being visible. Check to ensure this is not the cause of your problem.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Is the music one you have. Run yourself or some spurious play. If the left part of control panel shows a single arrow in the middle of three, then tap it to stop playing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most reactions