What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Music Memo-OMG!

Duffman

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just watched an instructional vid on the new Music Memo app.
If it truly works as shown it is brilliant. Singer/song-writers all over the world are going to love this app.
Wont have time to personally try it out for a day or two.....(killin me just killin me)
The only thing I didn't see and don't know is if you can transfer what you recorded and the automatic backing tracks to Garage Band. Now that would make this a super duper killer app.
If someone else gets a chance to try out Music Memo will be interested in your feedback.

Duff

OP
Duffman

Duffman

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Couldn't stand it had to try this app. A review below.
Super simple interface.
You can set to AUTO record, begin recording when you start playing. Or you can push the record button.
Wave form shows as you record, which is helpful. Shows how big, loud, of an incoming signal you are capturing.
If you are too loud it tells you with big red letter flashing on the screen, "TOO LOUD".
Input volume is controlled via the volume buttons or by moving farther away from the iPad.
Once captured and you stop the recording it takes just a second or two for the iPad to analyze the recording.
Your recording shows up at the bottom of the screen, as a wave form with the chords you played showing above it.
Chord analysis leaves a bit to be desired. Its not completely accurate but is very close.( Listed Am as an A in a couple of spots.) You do have the ability to edit what is written in for the chords.
When playing your recording back below the wave form is a symbol for drums and bass. Pressing these adds them to your recording, automatically. Nifty, and spooky at the same time. I found the auto drums to be spot on. They even recognized a turn around and added the appropriate flam and cymbal hit...SPOOKY.
Like the way your track, drums and bass sound? You can send the whole thing, or just your recorded track over to Garage Band.
The recorded track, drums, and bass show-up in G-Band on their own individual tracks allowing you to do your own mix.
This is a wonderful tool for song writers. I am a super impressed with this app. Cant wait to see how much more accurate and what new features are added in future updates.
This is a must have!

Duff

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thanks for the review.

Cool toys like this are almost enough to make me go find a guitar and take a second crack at learning to play. :)

OP
Duffman

Duffman

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I got plenty...you can borrow one.
Lessons are free....well, you have to buy the vodka.....don't like beer.

Duff

Most reactions

Latest posts