What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Music app keyboard bug on the mini

nexas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
May I know does anyone have this keyboard bug on the mini?As you can see the search bar is not showing up

I'm on iOS 6.0.1

image-2698483458.jpg

Search bar missing.

Attachments

• image-3380930914.jpg
    image-3380930914.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 301

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sometimes, the iPads (to include the Mini) require a swift kick in the ... software. :)

Whenever a weird thing happens with your iPad, try this - close out the app, then restart or reset. To do (apologies if you know):

Fully Close an App: Double tap the Home button (or do a 4-finger swipe up) to reveal a row of icons in the multi-tasking bar. Press and hold an icon until they all start to wiggle and you see a red circle with a minus sign ("-") in the top left. Press the minus sign to fully close the app. Don't worry, it won't remove the app from your iPad, just from the iPad's resident memory.

Then...
Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears.

If that doesn't help, try this last step...

Reset: Hold both the power and home buttons until the screen goes dark and the Apple logo then appears (the slide to unlock screen may or may not appear). Once the logo appears, release the buttons. After a time, your homescreen will appear. Please note that it may take some time for the Apple logo to appear or for your homescreen to appear (or both). This is normal. Eventually, the homescreen will appear.

Usually, that takes care of most iPad glitches and hopefully, took care of yours. If so, yay! If not, holler back and we'll take another shot at it.

Marilyn

OP
N

nexas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thx for you effort:) I already tried closing and opening the app and turning it off and on again and I just remembered about the reset method by holding both buttons but unfortunately none of these methods worked :( Doing a restore may be the only way :(

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just scroll the keyboard up....it is covering up the search box. Grab those 3 little horizotal lines on the KB key and slide up to reveal the bar...

OP
N

nexas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Erm.. What 3 lines do you mean?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wait! This happened to me before (cause the Mini was new and I never used the iPad3 in portrait...).

Do you happen to have the keyboard undocked? To check, press and hold the lowermost key on the bottom right (the one that has a little keyboard on it). If the wording you see says either "Dock" or "Dock and Merge," then you've got the keyboard undocked and that's why the keyboard covers your input screen. And you'll need to dock it.

That's all I can think of, sorry...

Marilyn

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Erm.. What 3 lines do you mean?

Look at your first image above...at the lower right...there is a button with a keyboard on it...and a down arrow below it. On that button, there are three little bitty horizontal lines. If you swipe that key you can "undock" or "dock" the kb. Sometimes, when the search box goes missing, just undock and it comes back. It probably is a bug, though, because it doesn't seem to happen all the time (the search going missing, i mean).

I just noticed there are 4 little bitty lines, not three. Really small on the mini! :)

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hopefully, theses will make it clear.

Attachments

• image-4051954888.jpg
    image-4051954888.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 325
  • image-652044030.jpg
    image-652044030.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 343
  • image-3833091236.jpg
    image-3833091236.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 581
OP
N

nexas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yea probably they got too many features on the keyboard and they missed out afew fixes that's why it becomes a glitch
I've been using apple products for about 3 years I I didn't know about that keyboard feature u showed :eek: thanks dude! It actually fixed the bug as well:)

Most reactions

Latest posts