What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Music and Movies Lost After Upgrade

cmarkham

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all, got my ipad2 about a month ago, just installed ios5 and unsure at this point if it was a good move? all my music has somehow vanished for a start! and my films to! I suppose us oldies just dont like change. I guess ill just keep on fiddling and hope to get used to it. Already found some of your posts on here really useful so thanks for that. Im sure ill be needing a lot more help along the way.
:thumbs:

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! There are a lot of great people here willing to lend a hand anytime. Often using the Advanced Search box (at the top of every page) will lead you to the answers you're looking for. If not, feel free to post a question in the appropriate area.

Please take a moment to view the information here to get the most out of your iPad as well as our forum:

Forum Rules - Please read
Hacking Rules - Please read
iPad for Beginners
Free iPad User Manuals
Download The Official iPad Forum App

With respect to your missing music and movies, try this:

1. Connect your iPad to your computer.
  2. Open iTunes, click on your iPad (left-hand menu) and under the music and then movies tabs uncheck "Sync Music" and "Sync Movies".
  3. Click on the "Apply" or "Sync" button at the bottom of the page. Let it update - this will wipe any music or movies on your iPad (but not your computer of course).
  4. Disconnect your iPad and then reconnect it.
  5. Go back and re-check "Sync Music" and "Sync Movies".
  6. Click on the "Apply" or "Sync" button at the bottom of the page. This could take a while as it will be adding all of your music and movies (or the one's you've selected, playlists, etc.) to your iPad.

See if that doesn't get everything back in place.

More upgrade info here:

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-help/49411-ios-5-upgrade-troubleshooting.html

BTW, I moved your post to the iPad Help area where you’re likely to get a better response to your question.

Welcome again and enjoy!

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts