What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Multitouch gestures switch

RudyL90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have enbled the multitouch gestures on my iPad 2 using iFile.
Is there a way to get a switch in options to turn it on/off?

OP
RudyL90

RudyL90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Search for it on youtube.
Sorry I don't really remember how I did it, but it is pretty easy.
If you don't succeed, tell me and I will search again and help you out.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The easiest way I can think of is to install the Winterboard "MT Gestures Theme" from Cydia and enable the iPad2 Gestures theme that comes with that file.

After a reboot the settings app should contain the switch to turn them on and off.

OP
RudyL90

RudyL90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There must have been an update. Tried MT Gestures a few weeks ago and didn't work, but now it does!
And there is a switch.
Thanks f4780y! :)

beavery

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
The easiest way I can think of is to install the Winterboard "MT Gestures Theme" from Cydia and enable the iPad2 Gestures theme that comes with that file.

After a reboot the settings app should contain the switch to turn them on and off.

Sorry to 'hijack' the thread, I have installed the theme, turned it on in WB, respiring a kazillion times, checked the switch is on, respiring some more.... And no gestures. :( ( thought I'd post here incase anyone else tries this and has the same problem)

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Reboot. The system files which get updated are only loaded on reboot. A kazillion resprings are not = 1 reboot.

OP
RudyL90

RudyL90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
Reboot. The system files which get updated are only loaded on reboot. A kazillion resprings are not = 1 reboot.

Are you sure? I did not reboot and it worked for me, but.. Maybe it worked becaused I had the file changed already. :)
Damn, if I knew this before it would have worked when I installed MT Gestures weeks ago. :p

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
f4780y said:

Are you sure? I did not reboot and it worked for me, but.. Maybe it worked becaused I had the file changed already. :)
Damn, if I knew this before it would have worked when I installed MT Gestures weeks ago. :p

You already updated the plist which is loaded on reboot with iFile!

beavery

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:

Thanks for the tip, however it didn't help :(
Rebooted and turned off. Still no gestures.

Wingr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Multitasking Gestures switch is under the General section in Settings. You need to turn the switch off, then on again and then reboot the iPad.

beavery

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wingr said:
The Multitasking Gestures switch is under the General section in Settings. You need to turn the switch off, then on again and then reboot the iPad.

OMG!!!!! I love you! Didn't think to turn the switch off (face-palm) it works now! Thanks everyone :)

tremblayd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not going to jailbreak my ipad2 because my ipod touch is jailbroken and it has SOOO MUCH problems. I'm just going to wait until iOS 5 to use multigestures. I can't wait for it to come out !!!!

Most reactions

Latest posts