What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Multitouch gestures in iOS 5 are coming...

Yptcn

iPF Novice
Reaction score
...So , I was wondering what is going to happen to those of us who got them already with Xcode when we upgrade next Fall ? :confused:

OP
Yptcn

Yptcn

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That's good , thank you !

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Reaction score
The iPad is gesture capable but the ability to do so is turned off internally without the X code , which you need a Mac to have. I've seen 1 Windows program for it but I found 0 reviews if it worked, it wasn't a website or developer I was familiar with, and the developer wanted $30 so I passed on it.
Please correct any errors I may have in my above post. Thank you.

Support Our Troops!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from wherever I'm at right now via my Apple tablet

ercsliberty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad is gesture capable but the ability to do so is turned off internally without the X code , which you need a Mac to have. I've seen 1 Windows program for it but I found 0 reviews if it worked, it wasn't a website or developer I was familiar with, and the developer wanted $30 so I passed on it.
Please correct any errors I may have in my above post. Thank you.

Support Our Troops!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from wherever I'm at right now via my Apple tablet

corrected: Enable Multi-touch Gestures on iPad without jailbreaking

works like a charm on my ipad2

OP
Yptcn

Yptcn

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It does on mine also :)
What I was wondering is what will happen once the official multitouch gesture will come with iOS 5 , will there be some kind of a problem during the download because the gestures are already on the iPad ...
I'm not too sure if I'm very clear....but I'm French and my english is not perfect ;)

OP
Yptcn

Yptcn

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well... The gestures aren't working in iOS 5. Wow....

In the keynote they said they were coming with iOS 5 ! Sorry , I didn't quite understand what you mean ...as I said , I'm French : Nobody's perfect :eek:

Do you mean you had them and that now they are gone ?

Last edited:

Heaviside

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well... The gestures aren't working in iOS 5. Wow....

In the keynote they said they were coming with iOS 5 ! Sorry , I didn't quite understand what you mean ...as I said , I'm French : Nobody's perfect :eek:

Mais votre anglais est tres bien. C'est un chose qui me concerne aussi.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yptcn said:

I wasn't getting mad at you! :)
I was mad at at apple. The multitouch gestures don't work, and I had them enabled before. Weird. So to answer your original question, no.

OP
Yptcn

Yptcn

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I didn't think you were mad at me;)

So , do you think they are not working on iOS 5 because you had them before or simply because they are not enabled yet in the new iOS ?

Just asking because I have them now (..and love them ) and would hate to loose them when I upgrade next Fall :confused:

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have to wait?

Attachments

• 14-pink-shoes.jpg
    14-pink-shoes.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 317

Most reactions

Latest posts