What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Multitouch gesture problems?

anonchi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So multitouch gestures are only available for developers, which means apple doesnt want to release it publically since the bugs havent all been fixed. Has anyone experienced problems with certain apps with multitouch enabled?

darthluke12694

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
The only glitches I would think you would have would be apps that use multi touch gestures. But I have noticed one glitch. Sometimes when I open and close an app very quick, usually before it opens using multi touch gestures, the whole screen goes black, and I am unable to go back to the home screen. The only way to get it back is press the power button, then press it again to wake it up and it goes back to normal.

Reaction score
There are some areas, which need refinement:
- apps using more than three fingers won't work, as the multitouch gestures have priority. The only time I have noticed this was while playing Fruit Ninja in Zen mode, where I tend to use my whole hand.
- graphically it should be improved. When trying to swap apps to the left, from an app, which is furthest left, it stretches the app creating a very unprofessionally looking distortion.
- Performance wise does it need some improvements. When switching apps quickly, audio playing can stutter.

wclyffe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've found it really smooth and haven't noticed any real issues in the apps I'm using. That's not to say there are no issues, but I cannot imagine using the iPad without these additional gestures anymore.

Reaction score
The gestures are really nice.

But somehow they don't yet feel complete. There is no way to reopen an app quickly when being on the home screen. Often I find myself closing an app, using the pinch gesture and then trying to reopen it with a reverse pinch.

wclyffe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:
The gestures are really nice.

But somehow they don't yet feel complete. There is no way to reopen an app quickly when being on the home screen. Often I find myself closing an app, using the pinch gesture and then trying to reopen it with a reverse pinch.

Try using 4 fingers up on any screen and hit your app. Done.

Mio_BB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sometimes it takes a little longer for app to resume after selected by swipe rather than if they where selected by clicking on app in task switcher.

Also they need to figure out a way to exit move/edit mode on home screen and in task switcher.

Also had some apps crashing, but I hope it is the apps themselves. It only happens to a few specific ones.

Last edited:

nurdin_fahim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mio_BB said:
Sometimes it takes a little longer for app to resume after selected by swipe rather than if they where selected by clicking on app in task switcher.

Also they need to figure out a way to exit move/edit mode on home screen and in task switcher.

Also had some apps crashing, but I hope it is the apps themselves. It only happens to a few specific ones.

Same with me here,
Sometimes few application become crashes and need to open again when swing from left to right..
Hopefully this is not big issue...

jaymz77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love it, took a while to get used to but now I couldn't go without 'em. No issues here regarding other apps with gestures, no glitches at all.

Nakedbabytoes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can you enable gestures without a Mac computer? I only have a PC. Can anybody point me in the right direction? Thanks!

Most reactions

Latest posts