What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Multitasking: Pages Document, Email and Website

Marce0

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am considering buying an iPad2 (and also purchasing the pages app) and I have a question:

Is it possible to have email, a website and a pages document open at the same time on an ipad? Can you flick between the 3 pieces of software with out closing them?

What I need to use the iPad as a sales tool. I need to be able to open an email containing a sales enquiry, check availability of the product on a website and possibly copy and paste information from this website into the email as well as have a copy and paste paragraphs of text from a document into the email. Then send the reply to the email.

The idea is to have a document with sections of standard text that I can copy and paste into emails each time with out retyping the same things over and over again.

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad does have copy and paste capabilities and it is possible to open a website or a pages document, copy a string, "close" the app, open another app, and "paste" the string appropriately. When you 're-open' the previous app, you will be where you left off. What you CANNOT do is view both apps on the screen at the same time. Hope that helps.

Milliebert

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You don't even need to "close" the app on iOS 5 now. Using the multi gesture feature, you just highlight your text, then slide the screens until you get to where you want to paste, then slide back. It's a very nice operation to perform!

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You don't even need to "close" the app on iOS 5 now. Using the multi gesture feature, you just highlight your text, then slide the screens until you get to where you want to paste, then slide back. It's a very nice operation to perform!

My bad. Should have mentioned the multigesture features in iOS 5. I don't use them because it's so difficult to hold four styluses in my hand simultaneously. :eek:

P.S. Yes, I know I could use my fingers but that gets Cheeto stains all over the screen. :)

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
P.S. Yes, I know I could use my fingers but that gets Cheeto stains all over the screen. :)

Crunchy or puffs?

Back on Topic. ;)

You have to open each app first (which involves closing the previous one), before you can slide between them. But once they've all been opened it works very well. And it takes a little practice to master the selection tools, but again, once you know the tricks it does the job.

OP
M

Marce0

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks everyone, sounds like i will have to practice a bit and then is should be fine.

Most reactions

Latest posts