1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

multitasking gestures

Discussion in 'iPad Hacking' started by riv3r, Jan 5, 2012.

1. riv3r

riv3r iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i own an iPad1 jail broken running iOS5.0.1 . However I did not check the box next to 'enable multitasking gestures' because I thought that was unnecessary because I had it before jailbreak. Anyway, is there a way to enable it via I file?
  2. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,751 / 0
    I am not sure about doing this via iFile. I remember it could have been done a couple of firmware versions ago, I just don't remember if it's available for 5.0.1.

However, if you jailbroke with redsn0w, you can re-run the redsn0w executable file to activate the multigestures. Open redsn0w and select to jailbreak - only you MUST make sure the UNcheck the "Install Cydia" box.

I've done this myself (because I forgot to tick that mulitgestures box). However, what I don't remember is whether this restores your device (so that you have to re-install a backup to get everything back the way it was). So, it may be drastic in that you have to do everything over again - or it may be simple in that it puts the multigestures option.

Maybe someone else remembers?

Regardless, that's the only way I know to put multigestures on the iPad. So, as always, ensure you have a good backup (both in iTunes and of your Cydia tweaks) before you start. Cause, you never know...

Marilyn
  3. graywolf

graywolf iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +35 / 0
    Like Mickey said all you have to do is re-run redsn0w and uncheck "install Cydia" but check the "enable gestures" box. It will not delete or restore anything.