What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

multitasking gestures

riv3r

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i own an iPad1 jail broken running iOS5.0.1 . However I did not check the box next to 'enable multitasking gestures' because I thought that was unnecessary because I had it before jailbreak. Anyway, is there a way to enable it via I file?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am not sure about doing this via iFile. I remember it could have been done a couple of firmware versions ago, I just don't remember if it's available for 5.0.1.

However, if you jailbroke with redsn0w, you can re-run the redsn0w executable file to activate the multigestures. Open redsn0w and select to jailbreak - only you MUST make sure the UNcheck the "Install Cydia" box.

I've done this myself (because I forgot to tick that mulitgestures box). However, what I don't remember is whether this restores your device (so that you have to re-install a backup to get everything back the way it was). So, it may be drastic in that you have to do everything over again - or it may be simple in that it puts the multigestures option.

Maybe someone else remembers?

Regardless, that's the only way I know to put multigestures on the iPad. So, as always, ensure you have a good backup (both in iTunes and of your Cydia tweaks) before you start. Cause, you never know...

Marilyn

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Like Mickey said all you have to do is re-run redsn0w and uncheck "install Cydia" but check the "enable gestures" box. It will not delete or restore anything.

Most reactions

Latest posts