What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Multitasking gestures

Droidmakespwn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Now that 4.3.1 is jail broken is there an easy way to enable multitasking gestures even if using windows?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MonoJoker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you mean multiple-touch gestures as per the developer build then I am pretty sure NO. I had the multitouch on mine un broken with 4.3. Then after JB on 4.3.1 I lost it. Loaded it back in today using friends MacBook as you can't get it from cydia or any alternate source - and that's confirmed by the developer who flashed me in MT gestures. Sorry...

Reaction score
Did the jailbreak not add a setting under Settings->General? Because mine does, but I installed the untethered jailbreak on-top of a tethered jailbreak, so there is a chance that the tethered jb adds this option, while the untethered doesn't.

If you don't have this setting, you can still use ibackupbot to activate the gestures.

arthursnape

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i dont have the multi gesture option in setting...
but the multi gesture can work on my iPad after i modifiy the file via iFile........

OP
D

Droidmakespwn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is a source you can add in Cydia to enable gestures but when I download it tells me size mismatch so it didn't work. Also I used file and went to library/preferences com.apple.springboard whatever the setting was not in there. Any way could share what you did in file that made it work?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You can also enable them whilst you perform the jailbreak on Windows if you are using sn0wbreeze. It is one of the options is offers you. That's how I got mine!

Eivind

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Plist editing was a really easy procedure, worked really well. but i was stupid enough to not sync with itunes before doing the "backup" the program requires you to do, so i lost some pictures and such, nothing big.

so if you do not own a mac, it's very easy to do.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine still work from 4.3 even though I am on 4.3.1. There is no toggle in settings anymore but I hit upgrade in iTunes so I guess it used the same backup I edited with ibackupbot.

Eivind

iPF Noob
Reaction score
grayshark95 said:
Mine still work from 4.3 even though I am on 4.3.1. There is no toggle in settings anymore but I hit upgrade in iTunes so I guess it used the same backup I edited with ibackupbot.

probably :)

Eivind

iPF Noob
Reaction score
getting used to the gestures is another story though, i find my self exiting apps and then re-opening them to close them with a gesture. i love the app-switcher gesture :)

-Eivind

Most reactions

Latest posts