What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Multitasking Gestures

kinglenario

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hey guys, i have the same problem as some of the other guys. i'm running OSX 10.5.8 and installed xcode 3.1. when i plug in the iPad running iOS4.3 then open xcode i cannot see the ipad in there anywhere. please let me know if you have some insight on this.

kinglenario

iPF Noob
Reaction score
here is the link that is still up on apple for the package that you need to download and install to get multitasking multi gestures to work on OSX 10.5. just tested and it works.

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
the easiest way of getting this is, on Cydia, enter and download "MT Gestures theme"....and open winterboard and select which one applies to you, and respring.....DONE.

Mike_73

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can also get the gestures without JB.
There's one file where 2 lines of code have to be added.
I don't remember what exactly that was, but you backup one of the iPads system files with some 3rd-party itunes replacement, add the 2 lines and bring it back to the iPad.
It was fairly easy to do.
Only thing that's missing is that there's no switch in the settings for turning gestures on and off. So if you want to get rid of the feature again in case you don't like it, you have to take the 2 additional lines out again. I tried this because at the time I bought the iPad2, JB was no option at that time.

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
or if you are a jailbroken user(me) you can download the MT Gestures tweak from the Cydia Store

how is your reading skills, cause my post #24 and your post #28 isn't too far off from each other.
good bump though...

Confucious

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
blog.iphone-dev.org
If you have an option to use a JB method other than jailbreakme.com (ie all except iPad2 owners) then every other JB enables MT by default.

PCUK

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Gestures and battery power

Since I added the gestures my battery power drops rapidly. Anyone else noticed a big change in power consumption? It is serious enough for me to consider removing the gestures.

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
PCUK said:
Since I added the gestures my battery power drops rapidly. Anyone else noticed a big change in power consumption? It is serious enough for me to consider removing the gestures.

Turn them off under settings...and no I haven't noticed any change in battery since jb and installing mt.

Most reactions