What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Multitasking Gestures

darrinaltman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They are awesome! They really improve the user experience making it so simple to pull up the multitasking bar and for getting back to the home screen. I hope they can somehow implement this for the iPhone with less fingers needed.

If you have a Mac, I think this is a must have add-on. Just download for free Xcode version 3, plug in your iPad and once it's recognized, click on "use for development" and then disconnect and you will have the new gestures in your General Settings section.

Attachments

• image-440635329.png
    image-440635329.png
    136.5 KB · Views: 535

Oklahemi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
where did you find it for free? all i can find is a 99.00 membership with apples development team..

OP
D

darrinaltman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
where did you find it for free? all i can find is a 99.00 membership with apples development team..

I am assuming youre on a Mac. You can buy Xcode 4 in the Mac App Store for $5 or do a Google search for Xcode 3 and you will find a lot of places where you can download it for free. I say it is well worth the $5 if you buy it. I never click on the iPad home button anymore because everything can be done by swiping.

Oklahemi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I guess this is only for the 3.2+ or I just cannot figure it out on Xcode 3.1.4... Is there a working app in Cydia that allows it or do I need to pony up the 30.00 to get the snow leopard os

Oklahemi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok I'm siting at

iPad 4.3.1

Mac 10.5.8

Xcode 3.1.4

I can't get the Xcode 4 unless I upgrade my Mac OS to 10.6+ snow leopard it seems.

OP
D

darrinaltman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oklahemi said:
Ok I'm siting at

iPad 4.3.1

Mac 10.5.8

Xcode 3.1.4

I can't get the Xcode 4 unless I upgrade my Mac OS to 10.6+ snow leopard it seems.

I did it with Xcode 3. Open Xcode, plug in your ipad, you have to open the window that shows your iPad is connected. (I can't remember the name off hand. If you don't see your device I can look later for the steps to see your device.) But if you see it, just click where it says use for development and then you can unplug the iPad. The gestures will now be in your settings on the iPad.

Banquish

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oklahemi said:
I guess this is only for the 3.2+ or I just cannot figure it out on Xcode 3.1.4... Is there a working app in Cydia that allows it or do I need to pony up the 30.00 to get the snow leopard os

I second this, not so much for the jail reaming but I run a win doze machine (MacBook died, couldn't afford another plus a MacBook this year)

Anyone know of a way to do this on win 7?

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Question, by backup then restore, does that mean I have to put all my crap back on ipad again? LOL

Most reactions

Latest posts