What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Multitasking Gestures for iPad 1 4.3.3

M325i

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I would like some help on how to get the multitasking gesture for my iPad 1 version 4.3.3 now i've seen all the videos on YouTube on how to do this. It seems simple enough, but those methods don't work for me. I go to Cydia type in MT Gestures, install the file, respiring, then open winter board and select what device I have (iPad 1). It resprings again then I go over to setting to enable the MT Guesture under general, but the option to enable isn't there:confused: I think this might be because my device isn't jail broken properly, or i'm starting to wonder if you can even get the gestures for version 4.3.3 on the iPad 1. So bottom line how do I get the cool MT Gesture on my iPad 1 version 4.3.3?

Last edited:

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think you need to do a full reboot. One of the files which is critical to gestures only gets loaded at boot and not a respiring...

OP
M325i

M325i

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So you're telling me that after I install MT Gestures and check off what device I have in winter board, power the iPad down completely holding the power button then start it back up and it should work?

OP
M325i

M325i

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just tried "rebooting" and "powering down" didn't work. I wonder what the problem may be. :confused:

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, if you have the MT Gestures Theme installed, the iPad1 theme ticked in Winterboard and you performed a full reboot, then I'm stuck. They always worked fine for me and appeared in the Settings App on the General screen.

OP
M325i

M325i

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You know what I think it might be? My iPad probably isn't jail broken properly because I seem to have problems with all the Cydia apps and tweaks I get. So i'm debating weather I should re jailbreak or just wait till iOS 5 comes out, it's coming out some time in September right?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you have blobs for 4.3.3 then a quick restore and re-jailbreak using jailbreakme.com should only take you a short time to complete. That should solve any problems you have with the JB. I did this recently on my iPad2 and my JB is flawless. Follow the tutorial we have on using TinyUmbrella to restore your iPad, and you should be golden.

OP
M325i

M325i

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yah i'm going to wait a couple of days and see if any one can help on here, and in those couple of days i'm going to debate whether I should wait for iOS 5 or just re jailbreak because the cool gestures come with iOS 5 anyways so. But to be honest i'm leaning more towards waiting for iOS 5. Thanks for your help, I appreciate it.

Last edited:

Bobbydigi413

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Multitask swipes

Go to cydiA and search for no not charging. Refering to the not charging while plugged into the CPU. This will give you 4 & 5 finger left and right swipes for multitasking while in apps and 4&5 finger swipes up and down for activator switch.

cayleg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MTG+winterboard+Voice Activator on iPad 2 4.3.3

:)I had problems getting my ipad 2 Wifi 64 gig ^4.3.3 [unteatherd]
with ---
activator
voice activator
winterboard
bigify
camera lock
clock hide
fullscreen safari
safari download manager
iwhiteboard
videolock
gravityboard
and i could not get MTS to run till i removed retinapad as i read about a problem/conflict with MTS and winterboard
after removing retinapad and turning on both ipad 1 and ipad2 gestures theme in winterboard and installed additionl voice files
everythings dandy-hope this helps

Last edited:
OP
M325i

M325i

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Go to cydiA and search for no not charging. Refering to the not charging while plugged into the CPU. This will give you 4 & 5 finger left and right swipes for multitasking while in apps and 4&5 finger swipes up and down for activator switch.

I'm sorry but I didn't understand what you told me to search for while in Cydia. Was it "no not charging"? Is there some sort of other way to get some of the gestures?

OP
M325i

M325i

iPF Noob
Reaction score
:)I had problems getting my ipad 2 Wifi 64 gig ^4.3.3 [unteatherd]
with ---
activator
voice activator
winterboard
bigify
camera lock
clock hide
fullscreen safari
safari download manager
iwhiteboard
videolock
gravityboard
and i could not get MTS to run till i removed retinapad as i read about a problem/conflict with MTS and winterboard
after removing retinapad and turning on both ipad 1 and ipad2 gestures theme in winterboard and installed additionl voice files
everythings dandy-hope this helps

Yah this does help thanks. I will too have to install the voice files, I already deleted retina pad. How did you install the extra voce files? Where did u get them? I'm going to try to turn on both iPad 1 and 2 themes in winterboard as well.

guthrien

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you're on 4.3.3 it works better to use Apple's multitasking (IMO) which is simply done by correcting a few purposeful spelling errors by Apple in a file, using iFile. I'll try to remember to link to the folder later, but it may be in the forum or a google search away. The natural multitasking doesn't conflict with any other tweak.

Added: http://www.ipad2iphone5.com/how-to-enable-the-multi-tasking-gestures-for-a-jailbroken-ipad-2

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts