What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Multiple users

PR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So, admitting that I haven't looked very hard, it seems there is no way for an iPad to have multiple users. This is beyond irritating. I share mine with my wife and if we both play a game there is no way to have separate save data.

Fyl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try searching for iUsers you need to jailbreak first. Works fine for me tough it will need to sort of reboot ur ipad

OP
P

PR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just took the easy(yet expensive) path of buying a second iPad. I needed one for development anyway because the wife was always using it.

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is no way to do what the OP is trying to accomplish. It was the single greatest disappointment I experienced when I purchased the iPad as a family device. The iOS heritage as a phone OS combined with Apple's business strategy effectively forecloses the possibility of convenient sharing of an iPad.

BTW, considering that iPad 2's now constitute the majority of all iPads, suggesting that solutions lie in jailbreaking the iPad (when it is not possible to do so for almost all iPad 2's or even for an iPad 1 with an OS version later than three generations behind the current release) is hardly a reasonable workaround for the problem.

Most reactions