What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Multiple photo attachments on iPad email

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you don't have many photos, you can go to the native photo app, show all photos as thumbnails, click on the send button on the upper-left corner, then select which photos to send. If you have many photos, it might take too much time to scroll and do this.

In the native photo app, you also can copy photos individually and paste them into emails, if you like.

If you have many photos and albums, consider using an app. Evernote is free, for instance, and lets you select multiple photos from different albums. It also lets you zip files, in case the recipient's email account has a limit on file size.

Last edited:

charlyee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Currently one can send 5 photos from the native photo app, if you select more than 5 photos, the 'email' link is dimmed. However you can 'copy' those 5 photos instead, and then switch to the native apple email application, press and hold in the email body - and then paste the photos there.

Now if you go back to 'Photo' and select another group of photos (never more than 5, otherwise the copy link will dim too). Return to your open email and paste another set, For me, only 4 show as real photos, the remaining 6 show as icons (jpg file icons).

I sent 10 photo attachments that way in one Gmail with my iPad, I don't know if there is any limit, except the Google attachment limit of 25 Mbytes..

Of course as Kaykaykay mentioned if you have many then using an app is a better way.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts