What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Multiple Ipads

Bajanjack

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an ipad, and just purchased another one, for my wife....in order to set it up for her, and for future updates, synch, etc, do I need to set up a separate itunes account on her computer, or can I set up the additional ipad on my existing itunes account?

ctsluder

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think you can have one account but they both need to be named different names.

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The advantages of one account are that you can share apps, music, and movies, and at the same time have different things on each iPad. But, first, click on FILE on the top left of the screen, and click Preferences. Select the DEVICES tab and check the box before "Prevent iPod, iPhones, and iPads from syncing automatically." Also, on the APPS tab for your iPhone make sure the box before "Automatically sync new apps." is not checked unless you both want to have all the same apps on your iPhones.Under the MUSIC tab check box before "Sync Music", and then check the box before "Selected playlists, artists, albums, and genres.". Then check the Artist or songs you want to put on your iPhone. That way each of you can have the music you each like on your iPhones. You can also do a similar thing with apps and movies.

OP
B

Bajanjack

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The advantages of one account are that you can share apps, music, and movies, and at the same time have different things on each iPad. But, first, click on FILE on the top left of the screen, and click Preferences. Select the DEVICES tab and check the box before "Prevent iPod, iPhones, and iPads from syncing automatically." Also, on the APPS tab for your iPhone make sure the box before "Automatically sync new apps." is not checked unless you both want to have all the same apps on your iPhones.Under the MUSIC tab check box before "Sync Music", and then check the box before "Selected playlists, artists, albums, and genres.". Then check the Artist or songs you want to put on your iPhone. That way each of you can have the music you each like on your iPhones. You can also do a similar thing with apps and movies.

wow...thanks!

ChileRick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have 2 iPads and 2 iPhones on one account. each one has a different ID, but you can share apps, and all that, yet still personalize each one. For example, different music, videos, apps and contacts according to your tastes. So, if your wife likes Kid Rock and your all about Lady GaGa, she doesn't have to have "Bad Romance" taking up any of her memory and you'll never have "Rock and Roll Jesus" pop up in your shuffle.

Dufferpaul75

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't know if this is the right venue for my question or not. I would like to know how to separate the sync material between my ipad and ipod. I am trying to avoid some ipod material from loading pn my ipad and vice versa. These instruments are opening up a whole new tech for a old veteran.

dufferpaul75

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have 2 iPads and 2 iPhones on one account. each one has a different ID, but you can share apps, and all that, yet still personalize each one. For example, different music, videos, apps and contacts according to your tastes. So, if your wife likes Kid Rock and your all about Lady GaGa, she doesn't have to have "Bad Romance" taking up any of her memory and you'll never have "Rock and Roll Jesus" pop up in your shuffle.

That seemed so backwards to me....lol

Most reactions

Latest posts