What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Multiple iDevices

robster2644

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a number of iDevices, iPad 1, iPad 2, iPhone 3GS and 2 iPhone 4s, I want to have these sync separately to my iTunes, but I also need each of these to have the one iTunes account for payment.

Wife - iPhone 4s
Me - iPhone 4s and pad 1
Daughter - iPhone 3GS

As you can imagine I don't want my daughter to have the same stuff as me and my wife.

Anyone got a fix for this.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
Just connect each in turn and select the sync settings for each device. Its quite easy, you may want to setup playlists for each device and only sync the relevant playlist to the relevant device for music.

OP
robster2644

robster2644

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's not the play lists I'm worried about about all the contacts an apps.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
Again its simple, each device has its own sync settings. Create a icloud account on each device to keep the contacts, calendar etc, separate. I have 3 iphones, a ipad and 4 ipods all sharing the same library and I have no problems with things getting mixed up between them, as long as they are all named different in itunes, you should have no problems.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Like DefBref said, no sweat.

I use one iTunes account for my husband's and my iPads, iPhones and iPods. Each has its own name and profile, and iTunes automatically recognizes each device individually. My husband's iPad has next to no content; my iDevices have a bunch; his iPhone and iPod have less. I synch for him, because he doesn't care to. On the same account, I also synch an iPad that I gave to someone with next to no tech skills. That iPad has limited functions, because I turned off the app store and other stuff, to limit possible confusion for the user.

Most reactions

Latest posts