What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Multiple Bluetooth Headphones

dawz2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been using a Rocketfish Stereo Bluetooth headset for over a year and they work great.

I am thinking it would be handy to be able to pair multiple headsets for my 8-year old and 5-year old to watch movies on long trips.

My question: Is it possible to send audio through to more than one device? I know I can pair multiple headsets, but will both headsets get the sound? If not, is there a wireless solution??

Just curious!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm afraid it's not possible - the iPad will send the audio to the headset that was paired most recently. Wired headsets - with a splitter - seem to be the only dual-headset solution.

Tim

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, I'm not sure if you are asking about using 'wired' or 'wireless' options only or if either will do?

My wife & I have watched movies on the iPad at airports (mainly sitting around and waiting for a flight) - I use a cabled audio splitter like the one shown below - sends the same stereo signals to each set of wired headphones, ear buds, or whatever head set is being used.

Now as to 'wireless' options, others may need to 'chime in' w/ their suggestions - good luck;a great way to keep kids quiet on a car trip - :)

images

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, I'm not sure if you are asking about using 'wired' or 'wireless' options only or if either will do?

My wife & I have watched movies on the iPad at airports (mainly sitting around and waiting for a flight) - I use a cabled audio splitter like the one shown below - sends the same stereo signals to each set of wired headphones, ear buds, or whatever head set is being used.

Now as to 'wireless' options, others may need to 'chime in' w/ their suggestions - good luck;a great way to keep kids quiet on a car trip - :)

images

Great minds think alike..

Tim

OP
dawz2

dawz2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
giradman said:

Thank you both for chiming in! I have considered the wired solution, but I am afraid my children will use the cords to strangle each other. Kidding aside, this isn't the right section, but is there a JB tweak that would provide this possibility?

dawz2 - Sent from my iPad using iPF

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
dawz2 said:
Thank you both for chiming in! I have considered the wired solution, but I am afraid my children will use the cords to strangle each other. Kidding aside, this isn't the right section, but is there a JB tweak that would provide this possibility?

dawz2 - Sent from my iPad using iPF

Not that i know of.

mtealo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Last edited:

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, I'm assuming that the driver of the car would not want to hear the sound of a film meant for kids of that age - just wondering? :D

I guess that a wireless transmitter that attaches to the earphone jack or the docking station (BT or otherwise) which can then transmit to multiple earphones/headphones is what is needed - possible? Does such a device exist? Good luck - :)

mtealo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The driver does not have to. Just buy an mp3 player with fm radio in it that's what I use when my wife falls asleep at night.

Most reactions

Latest posts